Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N95 Gps

• 01-11-2007 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

I recently bought an N95 from ebay for €260, brand new and unlocked. However I cannot get the GPS to work on it at all. I tried someone elses GPS to see was I doing things the correct way. I seem to have been, his was picking up around 6/7 satellites however mine only picks up 1 or 2 max for a short while with little or no signal and they then just go away again.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

€260 sounds very little for a genuine N95.

Notwithstanding the above,
    1 what firmware version is it - press *#0000#
    Version 12.0.013 is the latest version and is better than previous versions for GPS

2. Is there branded firmware and if so what network? The Nokia generic firmware would obviously avoid any glitches caused by network customisation

3. If the phone was originally network locked and "unofficially" unlocked may have an affect. "unofficial" unlocking involves a very invasive procedure and may adversely affect other features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭digiman

nazoil wrote: »
    €260 sounds very little for a genuine N95.

Notwithstanding the above,
    1 what firmware version is it - press *#0000#
    Version 12.0.013 is the latest version and is better than previous versions for GPS

2. Is there branded firmware and if so what network? The Nokia generic firmware would obviously avoid any glitches caused by network customisation

3. If the phone was originally network locked and "unofficially" unlocked may have an affect. "unofficial" unlocking involves a very invasive procedure and may adversely affect other features.

I have that firmware version, it was branded to the Vodafone UK network but I upgraded the firmware and this debranded it for me.
    the GPS was not working before I done this either.

To be honest the phone seems really genuine, it came in a VF box with all Vodafone branding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,620 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

could be a fake nokia n95?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭digiman

could be a fake nokia n95?

How could I spot this if that was the case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,620 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

digiman wrote: »
    How could I spot this if that was the case?

LISTINGS:1" rel="nofollow">http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-spot-the-real-Nokia-N95-from-the-fakes_W0QQugidZ10000000004060789?ssPageName=BUYGD:CAT:-1:LISTINGS:1

• Advertisement
Advertisement