Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changed backup battery in house alarm, how to reset?

Options
  • 01-11-2007 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭

Hi, recently during a powercut I discovered that the alarm backup battery was dead - the code got reset. I got a new battery and replaced it this evening - as soon as I connected the battery the alarm started to go off - so I jammed the cover back on and turned off the alarm.
    When I try to reset the code (or indeed set the alarm!) the panel displays a 't.' which I presume is indicating a tamper. It's an aritech CP32. Can someone please tell me how to clear this so that I can reset the code - PM if necessary
    Thanks
    kenmc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

see http://www.pdf-zoo.com/manual.pl?manual=2069

from mmy own manual for another model it says if u dont have the enginners code and it has been set, its a new pcb: hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

thanks for that - I already have that manual.
    So I disconnected the battery and re-powered it, and it went back to the way it was before i changed the battery - it doesn't know it was tampered, and i was able to set the code as i wanted to, and can operate the alarm.
    So without the information I have 2 options.
    1) discharge the battery fully before connecting it, hopefully it won't know it has been tampered and i can set the code, the battery will charge and all will hopefully be ok
    2) there's a jumper on the board labelled 'TAM' which i presume is to enable tamper detection. I can remove this jumper and try connecting the battery and see if this helps.
    Might try it in this order over the weekend, unless someone else can provide the correct procedure. Not asking for the whole installation manual, just the explicit procedure to perform this simple task.
    Thanks
    K

Advertisement