Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any New Phones On Meteor for November?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I know the date for the iPhone release. Heard it today from a reliable source.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I know the date for the iPhone release. Heard it today from a reliable source.

and?

what good is that to us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

eamon234 wrote: »
    Exactly my point - I've got a K750i and theres nothing on the SE phones available on Meteor that's not on this phone already except for a few silly bells and whistles. They're selling the W580i, W810i, K550i and W610i - all the same features - what's the point??? Ok the W580 looks nice but that's it.

Well my K750i decided to go mad last night. I tried to text someone saying 'My phone is f**ked' and it came out as 'Rise gripm gris dra8d'. So now I'm heading into meteor to get me a new phone, possibly W610i. What I really want is a good camera and a radio (can't live without the radio). But knowing my luck all the goo phones will be out of stock. That alway happens when I need a new phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I'd go for the w580i if its in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Heads up folks - NEW PHONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Website updated today E65 and N73 woohoo!

not so woohoo - N73 not available till after christmas according to the lady in the meteor shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

E65 not available til next year either, just rang meteor store in dundrum, guy told me they wont be selling it til they role out 3G network next year :( ive lost my patience with meteor now,gonna port to three or buy an iPhone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Howcome they're showing on the website then? (Billpay Only) I was told available next week.

exactly what i said, whoever is in charge of being an idiot in meteor is doing a good job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

ablelocks wrote: »
    not so woohoo - N73 not available till after christmas according to the lady in the meteor shop

Meteor in Athlone reckon they'll have them in on Wednesday ...
    BillPay Upgrade price €149!!!

man that annoys me so much, its like everyone in meteor go around with their fingers to their mouth and dont communicate!

Saint_mel , btw, I rang meteor (1905) and they told me it would cost me 129 upgrade, so maybe its different for tarrif?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Meteor in Athlone reckon they'll have them in on Wednesday ...
    BillPay Upgrade price €149!!!

can you confirm that today saint_mel? I rang 1905 and they told me to go to my local shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

HiredGun wrote: »
    I was trying to explain why I think Meteor has a more difficult task at hand to get new handsets fast and get a wide range of phones at the same price as operators with global scale such as Vodafone and O2.

Meteor has 800,000 customers or so which in the Irish market is a sizeable chunk. But in a European or global context this is really small. So if Meteor has to order handsets with let's say Nokia, who do you think gets a better deal or who gets a new handset first? Meteor with 800,000 customers or Vodafone with 150 million customers?

When a new handset goes into production everyone in the world wants it immediately but the the manufacturers can't produce millions of them instantly. That's where smaller operators often lose out.

that would make sense, but it does not necessarily apply. The handset manufacturers are very good at playing the big boys and looking after the little guys. Meteor will also have a lot less testing and approval to do so, as was the case with the Nokia 6300, it can get handsets to the market quicker than the likes of O2 and Voda. There is a lot to be said for a small local network, plus I like their adverts, it's nice to see an irish advert rather than a "Vanilla" advert filmed and voiced over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

ablelocks wrote: »
    can you confirm that today saint_mel? I rang 1905 and they told me to go to my local shop.

Sorry, didnt get a chance to get in to them today but at over €100
    for a phone,they can keep it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I called into Meteor in Dundrum. The sales assistant reckons that they will have the E65 or N73 in by the end of the month, maybe earlier.

Got an E65 in Carphone Warehouse today on upgrade for €79 !!!!

on meteor eamon? what tarrif?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Can someone post the upgrade prices/tarriffs for the N73?
    I've been waiting 4 months for a decent phone so I could use my upgrade...

tw0nk wrote: »
    on meteor eamon? what tarrif?

Talk 300 Twonk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Got an E65 in Carphone Warehouse today on upgrade for €79 !!!!

They have no mention of it on their website. I'll call in over the weekend I suppose

eamon I called into carphone warehouse in nutgrove and yer man said it wasnt on their system yet, did you do any dodgy dealings to get it? :D

• Advertisement

tw0nk wrote: »
    eamon I called into carphone warehouse in nutgrove and yer man said it wasnt on their system yet, did you do any dodgy dealings to get it? :D

Hehe of course not Twonk he checked it on his system and it was there but the N73 wasn't he also had the Samsung G600 - he may not have had any in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

As i said in the previous thread got myself a nice lttle N73 for 129 on upgrade talk 300.I got it in the meteor store in blach they had the n73 in stock but the e65 was sold out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Is the G600 really on Meteor?? I was going to go for the U600 but think I wait now and go for the G600.

Yes it's already available they had it in CPW the day I got my E65 - lovely looking phone comes with a snazzy bluetooth headset as well as €179 was just bit beyond my budget

By the way - if anyone is wanting to swap a new N73 for an E65 I might be interested don't think the E65 is the phone for me would prefer a better camera.

Advertisement