Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

walnut flooring

Options
  • 01-11-2007 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi does anyone know what the quality of solid walnut from wholesale floors in cork is like. The price is almost too good to be true @€;50 sq yard. also how long does it have to be in the house before laying? Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

I received a similar quote floor 5 1/4 inch Asian Walnut flooring from a place in Cavan( that will deliver country wide). So the price does seem to be competitive. What type of walnut is it? There was a 1000 Euro difference in a quote from the same manufacturer from Asian Walnut to Canadian walnut so I would say try and find out what type it is.

The last flooring I laid in my house we had it sitting for 4 days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

is that price installed as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

price I received was for flooring only did not include fitting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

bought solid walnut flooring for 30 euros a sq yd in Limierick, that was a year ago, not sure what his prices are like now...

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭teflon

Try Irwins in Castleblaney on (042) 9740278 I recently got IPE solid flooring for €29 a sq yard and it looks lovely. They said that its commercial grade so will be very hard wearing. I was originally looking for walnut alsi but this looks nicer. Here's a pic i took on my phone floor.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement