Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BeatFM & AOL

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

anybody else think beat 102 103 is a load of pants,, that eejit power in the morning time with the squeaky voice really gets up my nose, id rather gerry ryan anyday and it pains me to say it, even oliver carroll

Yup, never heard so much S***t in all my life, Gerry Ryan can do the head in sometimes as well, Hopefully their 10 year licence is up soon, and the Franchise awarded to a different group. As a few of you know. The regional licence should have never have being awarded to Beat in the first place.

But thats another story;)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The regional licence should have never have being awarded to Beat in the first place.

You might enlighten us all so!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Yup, never heard so much S***t in all my life, Gerry Ryan can do the head in sometimes as well, Hopefully their 10 year licence is up soon, and the Franchise awarded to a different group. As a few of you know. The regional licence should have never have being awarded to Beat in the first place.

To be fair Musicman, you have stated that a few times in Beat related topics (about the license). Once is enough, espically since we cant be sure what your saying is fact. ;)

Anyway, Beat is doing quite well I personally think. Whatever peoples views are on BeatTalk - the station seems to be doing well. I dont like the "Irish Beats" or that really depressing show on Sunday nights - cant think of its name.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Cabaal wrote: »
    Hmm the above sounds like crap to be honest,
    Regardless I can see this thread going the same route which isn't a good idea.

I personally think there's no harm locking this thread

As much as I dont want to see it going down the same route, tis a bit early to call. I never saw the problem with people expressing their opinions on AOL, might do the company some good.

Ill leave it open for now, as its a mixed discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Sully wrote: »
    To be fair Musicman, you have stated that a few times in Beat related topics (about the license). Once is enough, espically since we cant be sure what your saying is fact. ;)

Anyway, Beat is doing quite well I personally think. Whatever peoples views are on BeatTalk - the station seems to be doing well. I dont like the "Irish Beats" or that really depressing show on Sunday nights - cant think of its name.
    HeartBeat with Diana Luke? I'll say no more

What I hate about Beat is how much they go on about the amount of music they play and their ****ty ads for themselves on the radio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

what i hate about beat in the morning is listeners send in their personal problems to be solved by niall and whats her name
    who do these guys think they are giving out advice on peoples problems they are djs not councilers or therapists

paul666 wrote: »
    what i hate about beat in the morning is listeners send in their personal problems to be solved by niall and whats her name
    who do these guys think they are giving out advice on peoples problems they are djs not councilers or therapists

To be fair, that kind of thing is normal. I think listeners want their (and the general public's) opinion. Its just simple chit-chat. Nothing serious. I mean, how many of us have asked our friends opinions on something that bothered us? Similar thing..

The show has improved a lot. Its better then Gerry Ryan, and that 2fm breakfast show which is pathetic. It might not be brilliant, but its geared towards differnet tastes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Sully wrote: »
    As much as I dont want to see it going down the same route, tis a bit early to call. I never saw the problem with people expressing their opinions on AOL, might do the company some good.

Ill leave it open for now, as its a mixed discussion.

no offence sully but i think you should take your own advice about people expressing opinons on various companies , i seem to remember you editing/censoring posts recently because someone mentioned the companies name . think you actually moved it cos you couldnt lock it (car sales thread ) i know you started this BEAT AOL thread but that shouldnt effect your judgement.

SUNGOD wrote: »
    no offence sully but i think you should take your own advice about people expressing opinons on various companies , i seem to remember you editing/censoring posts recently because someone mentioned the companies name . think you actually moved it cos you couldnt lock it (car sales thread ) i know you started this BEAT AOL thread but that shouldnt effect your judgement.

The car sales thread was a consumer issue. The only place such conversations are allowed are Consumer Issues.

Im not talking about AOLs products, I was refering to Beat advertising AOL so much its sickening. I dont mind people expressing (in a mature way) what they thought the overall business was to work for. Without naming names or anything. A lot of people like it, a lot of people didnt.

Hope that makes it a bit clear..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its very unlikely sully would be discussing AOL's products considering they only offer them to people within the UK :)

Before you start nitpicking, while AOL is owned by Carphone Warehouse, CPW doesn't use the AOL Broadband brand in Ireland to provide dialup or broadband services to Irish consumers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Wow hegs you're gone? I was on your tech team when i started - good auld days. Took me just about as long as you to escape. Next time i see them is in court. Should be mighty fun. Best move ever getting away from there, turned to proper ****e.

Advertisement