Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wasn't halloween yesterday

• 01-11-2007 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

maybe someone should tell the kids of sligo this, cos their still setting fireworks off here, maybe their just getting in early for guyfalks night, maybe some one should tell them guyfalks isn't celebrated here

any fireworks still going off any where else

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

If kids have them, they will use them:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I actually have heard none this week.. :shock:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

They probably had a load left after last night and are just getting rid of them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I wish every night was holloween. mmm the outfits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

They probably had a load left after last night and are just getting rid of them.

just heard a load one after the other for a few minutes, did you hear them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

irish-stew wrote: »
    just heard a load one after the other for a few minutes, did you hear them

Yes actually. They've stopped for now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

where in sligo are you op?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

still setting them off here in galway and someone broke the window of the church. aparently 40 were involved i think it was a firework but anyway the dog is scared ****less

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Started hearing fireworks in September and fully expect to be hearing them still come Christmas.

Am not in Sligo tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I haven't heard any fireworks tonight (I live up in Ballinode), seems like the neighbours got rid of their fireworks over the last week. Last night was pretty quiet as well, all told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
    Nothing in Galway afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Yeah more than likely just getting rid of 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

(In Dublin)
    Yeh I heard some going off this evening -- assume its leftovers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Haven't heard a thing today irish-stew! In fact it went quiet here before 12 last night.

Strange, Starting to get suspicious now! :D

You're going to have to explain what guyfalks night is as I'm not familiar with it?

takola wrote: »
    You're going to have to explain what guyfalks night is as I'm not familiar with it?

It's an English holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Haven't heard a thing today irish-stew! In fact it went quiet here before 12 last night.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night

enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

yep - still going off here too! :rolleyes: Oh well, they'll run out of them soon!

My brother poor little doggie ran off (lives in clonsilla) last weekend as a result of all the fireworks and bangers going off (he had to jump a 10ft wall to get out and he's NOT a big dog - he must have been so scared - poor thing)

They haven't found the dog since - kids are devastated :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

the only fireworks going off around here tonight were when my mother and father were arguing over money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

where in sligo are you op?

just outside town

It's an English holiday.

part of the gun powder plot, 1605 5th nov when a group of catolic conspisiers, led by guyfalks, along with an ancomplice tried to kill james I in the palace of westminister (parlament) along with the rest of the goverment, basically filled the whole basement with gunpowder, was caught just before setting it off

was exectued by burning hence the bonfires every nov 5 in england, with the guy on top, usally a stuffed elegy representing guyfalks, used to get kids going around in the week leading asking for a penny for the guy, the fireworks represnting the gunpowder plot

not actully celebrated as a holiday, normal working day in the UK, but same as here with kids going round for a weeks before setting of fireworks, throwing them, pushing bangers through letterbox, etc, worse thing, can be bought over the count legally

getting back to topic, no more fireworks here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

There were still a fair few around my area, plus a couple of bonfires too (well maybe, it's tough to work out which are the bonfires and which are just created by the pyromaniac scumbags who set fire to things the whole year round)

• Advertisement
Advertisement