Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1995 Primera 1.6 Power Loss

Options
  • 01-11-2007 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭

I recently got a 1995 Nissan Primera Invitation 1.6 Twin Cam with 176,000 on the clock off an uncle, the cars been well looked after and serviced religiously

Problem is i've found its losing power it takes a while for it to get up to 40 or 50mph. The original clutch is still in it and seems to be working fine as is the gear box. Air intake no probs there either.

I'm working shifts so i havn't had time to diagnose it yet, any ideas i can try or areas i should check (i'm not scared of getting my hands dirty). > Also i think its burning more petrol lately then it should be (might be my lead foor!).

I've to get all the service documents to see whats been done wioth it so far

Your helps appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Injectors might be clogged up or faulty, i know this was the case with a carina i once had, bought a bottle of STP injector clean ran it through, but to no avail, had to buy new to me injectors.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

I've the haynes book and it mentions a few steps to try regarding powe rloss , spark plugs etc

I'll have a look at trying that thanks VB

Advertisement