Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This has absolutely made my day..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Means jack ****. They've SFA money to pay!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

What's with all of the religion bashing? They were doing God's work.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

stepbar wrote: »

Thats what I was thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Saw this begin on SA a few days back... from the evidence i couldn't see the church losing so badly (their picket was well away from the graveyard according to some reports).

These groups need to keep things in check. Crazy stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Time to set up a fake funeral.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

Surely they'll have to give all the money their group generates over to pay for the damages of course this will affect them

Reported this thread for blasphemy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ban religion, keep the holidays.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Binomate wrote: »

I checked and was disappointed that you hadn't. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭marktsang

reported some of the posters for stupidity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yes! Great news. Those guys are pr!cks

Edit: The religious guys not the posters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

$11 million though, thats just ridiculous.

Anyway, they both got what they wanted. Even more publicity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Hopefully Phelps & Co. go to prison when they don't pay this, ala fine evaders here. He'll get all the gay loving he quite clearly wants so badly there (note that nearly every major US homophobe has been caught with their pants down in the company of another man of late...).

MYOB wrote: »
    Hopefully Phelps & Co. go to prison when they don't pay this, ala fine evaders here. He'll get all the gay loving he quite clearly wants so badly there (note that nearly every major US homophobe has been caught with their pants down in the company of another man of late...).
    Why are you so hateful to the church? They're only trying to spread God's word. What they're doing was for the good of mankind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

You're all fags.

Only Joking :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The problem is that this is exactly what every other closet homo-who-hates-homos needs in order to anonymously send money to support these idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

stepbar wrote: »
    => No money to go to other funerals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

On NBC’s Today show Mr Snyder said that while his son was fighting for freedom for Iraqis, “my son did not fight for hate speech.

“And that’s basically what it is,” he said of the church’s protest. “Everybody’s under the impression that the First Amendment gives them the right to do anything, say anything any where, any time. And along with the First Amendment also comes responsibility.”

bull****, absolute bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I don't really understand WHY that church got fined. I would've thought that what they were doing was a criminal offence as opposed to a civil offence

how do you mean Mordeth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

God hates Shrimp

I remember seeing something about the WBC on the news a while ago. Bunch of crazy assholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    God hates Shrimp

I remember seeing something about the WBC on the news a while ago. Bunch of crazy assholes.

Paging Shrimp to this thread, defend yourself against these religious types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

$11 million in the red? I hope they don't starve . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQCxq1crkdg

Binomate wrote: »

Is this an a/c hack or do you really believe all that you've posted today?

Of course I believe all that I've written today. It's all in the Bible. You should read it some time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well yeah, the first amendment isn't intended to protect popular speech. It's intended to protect just this kind of stupidity. you don't get free speech without nazis, supremacists, and idiots.

Jesus used to love fags but his father, God Christ, made him give them up. Then the holy spirit jumped out from behind a wall and frightened everybody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

seamus wrote: »
    The problem is that this is exactly what every other closet homo-who-hates-homos needs in order to anonymously send money to support these idiots.
    Probably ... but then they will all have less money to spend on white sheets and petrol ...
    Oh, he's trolling for the laugh ... he's actually getting slightly better at it.
    Mordeth wrote: »
    well yeah, the first amendment isn't intended to protect popular speech.
    I tend to agree to a great extent ... but there has to be some kind of limit. And often the true nature of freedom is only realised in exploring its limits ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 deadprez

im not even going to read the rest of this thread as I hope no-one is arguing the fact that these sick fux got what was coming to them.i hope they cant pay and all serve jail time!these people infuriate me to no end!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Too much fuss tbh. 5-10 soldiers round to their place of residence and a dirty merciless slaughter of those bastards. Clinical. No press needed. Just nip it in the bud. Empty entire magazines of ammunition into the f**kers. They should be buried at least 50% lead.............if indeed they should be buried or left to rot in a field like a turd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Gotta agree with Mordeth. They might be crazy idiots, but they have the right to espouse their beliefs and the right to public protest. These rights are guaranteed for all citizens of the USA (in theory anyway) not just the ones you agree with.

You either agree with freedom of speech for the people you disagree with, or you don't believe in it at all.

Like I said, I think they are idiots, but they have their rights same as everyone else. Just being assholes doesn't mean they forfeit them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

they have a web site called god hates ireland as well, denouncing david norris and catholic priests amongst other things. fairly ridiculous the whole set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

boreds wrote: »
    $11 million though, thats just ridiculous.

I'd disagree. what price can you put on a group of people coming to your loved ones funeral and yelling insults at them and you? Fúck that.

They should be put down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Jigsaw wrote: »
    Too much fuss tbh. 5-10 soldiers round to their place of residence and a dirty merciless slaughter of those bastards. Clinical. No press needed. Just nip it in the bud. Empty entire magazines of ammunition into the f**kers. They should be buried at least 50% lead.............if indeed they should be buried or left to rot in a field like a turd.

you've obviously thought about this before:D:D:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

westboro baptish church man gets hit on by red Phelps here

N.B. bad language as you would expect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I hope the whole lot of them do prison time if they can't pay the fine. Free speech or not. I'd love to hear about him excerising it from a prison cell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

orestes wrote: »
    You either agree with freedom of speech for the people you disagree with, or you don't believe in it at all.
    I dunno man. Im all for free speech but I also want these twats to get fined and jailed and killed and

Advertisement