Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chuck Wagon on the N1/R132

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

Sure is. Still going strong and food as good as ever. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 digo995

where abouts is it?? im coming from malahide???

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

sgarvan wrote: »
    Google maps have several mistakes around there (same on Sat Nav)!

It should read R132 not R127. The R127 is the Blake's Cross/Lusk/Skerries road.
    Further up the R132 is labelled as the R129. The R129 is the R132 to Ballyboughal road.
    Another part of the R132 is misnamed 'Turvey Avenue' and the real Turvey Avenue is labelled as the R126 which is the Hearse Road (Lissenhall to Donabate/Portrane).

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭dixierip

Another thumbs up for the chuck wagon. A real treat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭laraido

:( I'm parked where the Chuck Wagon usually is, and no sign. I am literally gagging for a soda bread with everything on it. Suppose they must be on hols?anyone know?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Give them a ring +353 (85) 198 2105.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Have found that the chuckwagon has gone to the dogs as of late...

2 or 3 pensioners in no hurry at all to make you a soda, why should it take so long to make something so simple...Even if you are there by yourself it still takes ages...

More often i have got mouldy dry sausages and water/salty rashers..complete waste of money...If you want a nice fry go to the cafe over from the new AIB in balbriggan, they are quick, lovely and cheap..beats the chuckwagon hands down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Mona Lott

More often i have got mouldy dry sausages and water/salty rashers..complete waste of money...If you want a nice fry go to the cafe over from the new AIB in balbriggan, they are quick, lovely and cheap..beats the chuckwagon hands down!

go search back some threads and you'll the opposite! I tried this new place, nice and bright, but sadly it didn't live up to my expectations (yet I know of a couple who eat every saturday and wouldn't try anywhere else)

The Coffee Pot down Main Street is still the original and the best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Chuck Wagon was robbed this afternoon. My colleague's mother works there and she was extremely shook. Can't understand how something like that could happen on such a busy road :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

sure you would not even notice if it was getting robbed. i never look at it when i pass. let a lone recognise anything dodgy at it.

hope they did not get too mucha nd nobody was hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

The chuck wagon should be moved out ot that area now it is situated in a very dangerous position,of late i have seen a number of near misses,with people being nearly knocked down

yeah the middle of the roundabout would be safer than where it is now.

thats the merge point too so matter of time before it gets hit i reckon. not many spots around there though but i would imagine when that industrial area opens there might be a spot in there for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

was there not a court case where fingal coco tried to force them to move on. this might be another attempt to squeeze them out this time

ha i doubt they widened a road to force them out.

i always wondered how they were allowed stop essentially in a hard shoulder.

hate to see them pushed somewhere else. but i dont think they can safely stay where they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Shay Vader

dcr22B wrote: »
    Chuck Wagon was robbed this afternoon. My colleague's mother works there and she was extremely shook. Can't understand how something like that could happen on such a busy road :mad:

Everyone is fine thankfully.In nearly 30 years of business we've never had any incidents though unfortunately we are not immune to scum:mad:.I've just recently read this thread and am delighted to see the support we have far and wide though can i just mention that we go through rigourous Health and Safety checks twice a year and keep to all food safety standards.And no we don't store food in Horseboxes!We're still trying for a new ,safer location though the developer of the land has gone into liqiudation so the goals have been moved again on us.We're determined to keep going and all your support has been much appreciated.The future?,watch this space.

P.S Its freshly cooked food, thats why it takes longer and is the reason why we're still in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

Just had a chuck wagon last week, first for a while, but better than ever. However, getting safe parking is getting a lot tougher, there is not room for more than a few cars or one large truck!! I hope the chuck can get a new safer home nearby!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Shay Vader wrote: »
    though the developer of the land has gone into liqiudation so the goals have been moved again on us.

So that explains why they haven't painted the lines on the approach to the roundabout from Blake's Cross!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,855 ✭✭✭billyhead

Lads,

Nver been to the chuck wagon. Just wondering what you would recommned I get for dinner if tempted. Do they sell freshly made melas etc

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Soda farl with bacon, sausage, egg, onions & burger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Soda farl with bacon, sausage, egg, onions & burger.

Which is pretty much all they do, but they do it so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Going to have to go and find this now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Going to have to go and find this now!

Coming from Dublin on the M1 take the turn off for Skerries/Lusk/Rush. Head up ramp to roundabout and take 3rd exit. Straight thru next 3 roundabouts and its 200 yards up on the left hand side. Enjoy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Visited the Chuck Wagon recently after a few years break.

Soda farl with sausage, egg and bacon with a little onion and red sauce washed down with a 750ml bottle of water. Needed a sleep after it! Soooo tasty though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnn hehe I don't have a car so would have to cycle for this. Is it pretty much always there? I'd hate to cycle that far only to find that it's irregular.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hmnn hehe I don't have a car so would have to cycle for this. Is it pretty much always there? I'd hate to cycle that far only to find that it's irregular.

Not their sundays iirc. I dont think they start as early as they used too, but should be open by 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Hmnn hehe I don't have a car......
    OK, technically, maybe..... Good heart attack food though.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Morlock

Its September 2012 and I have two questions " Is it still Open ? and are they in the Same place or near by ? I went here a lot when I was driven the trucks, and a mug of Tea , breakfast Soda Farl with everything, I also loved their hot dogs, not the american Style orange things in boiled water, no real big super quinn style sausages, split down the middle and fried on the hot plate with lots of fried onions, mustard and Red or brown sauce depending on the mood.

I am officially starving now !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Yes they are still about in the new spot discussed above. I see them every morning heading to work. I think they leave earlier in the evenings though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Advertisement