Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A: Nedved back for Juve-Inter grudge match

• 01-11-2007 9:18pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Preview

Serie A: Nedved back for Juve-Inter grudge match

MILAN, Nov 1 (Reuters) - Juventus midfielder Pavel Nedved returns from suspension for Sunday's big Serie A clash (1930 GMT) with Inter Milan, the first time the bitter rivals have met since Juve's demotion for match-fixing two seasons ago.

Click here
    The Turin club achieved immediate promotion back to the top flight but the wounds have still not healed, with the fans' anger aimed primarily at unbeaten league leaders Inter.

Roberto Mancini's side were crowned champions in 2005/06 despite finishing third after Juve were stripped of their title and second-placed AC Milan deducted points in the scandal.

Inter ran away with last season's scudetto with Juve consigned to Serie B and Milan suffering another points penalty.

To make matters worse, Inter triumphed last term partly because of striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic and midfielder Patrick Vieira, both of whom signed from Juve following their demotion.

"It is an important match because they are a great team, we must not think about other reasons. I can't wait to play," Juve striker David Trezeguet told reporters.

Vieira is injured for Sunday's match in Turin, which will spare him the nasty reception which Sweden striker Ibrahimovic will have to bear on his own.

Ibrahimovic has not ducked the challenge though and was even left out of Wednesday's 4-1 win over Genoa to avoid a booking which would have ruled him out of the Juve game.

Third-placed Juventus, four points behind Inter, put Saturday's controversial 3-1 defeat at Napoli behind them with Trezeguet's hat-trick in a 3-0 win against Empoli on Wednesday when they were without a host of players.

Experienced winger Nedved, courted by Inter in the close season as he dithered over a new contract, returns from a ban alongside defenders Giorgio Chiellini and Nicola Legrottaglie.

Inter may have to rely on third-choice keeper Paolo Orlandoni again with Julio Cesar struggling with a back problem and Francesco Toldo out with a broken metatarsal.

AC Milan, who got their troubled season back on track with a 5-0 thumping of Sampdoria on Wednesday, host midtable Torino on Saturday (1930) while unbeaten Fiorentina, in fourth, visit struggling Lazio in the day's early game (1700).

Second-placed AS Roma hope striker Francesco Totti can be fit for Sunday's trip to Empoli (1400) after their captain missed Sunday's 1-0 win at Milan and Wednesday's 3-2 derby victory over Lazio with an ankle injury.

Saturday, November 3, 2007
    TIME HOME AWAY VENUE
    17:00 UK Lazio v Fiorentina Stadio Olimpico
    19:30 UK AC Milan v Torino Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

Sunday, November 4, 2007
    TIME HOME AWAY VENUE
    14:00 UK Cagliari v Sampdoria Stadio San Elia
    14:00 UK Catania Calcio v Atalanta Stadio Angelo Massimino
    14:00 UK Empoli v Roma Stadio Carlo Castellani
    14:00 UK Genoa v Palermo Comunale Luigi Ferraris
    14:00 UK Livorno v Udinese Armando Picchi
    14:00 UK Napoli v Reggina Stadio San Paolo
    14:00 UK Parma v Siena Stadio Ennio Tardini
    19:30 UK Juventus v Inter Milan Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino

Derby D'Italia

Inter all the way.

How is that at stirring some ****!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

kearnsr wrote: »
    Preview

Derby D'Italia

Inter all the way.

How is that at stirring some ****!

Zlatan to get sent off. Inter to win on a controversial penalty ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

nipplenuts wrote: »

Zlatan to get sent off.

He is a levelhead lad. He wouldnt do anything stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Zlatan own goal. Everyone knows his heart belongs with i Bianconeri

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Slip up from Milan yesterday. Had a whole host of chances but couldn't score against Torino.

Great win for Fiorentina away to Lazio. Pazzini with the only goal and if anyone has seen it they'll know how ridiculous it was.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Xavi6 wrote: »

Slip up from Milan yesterday. Had a whole host of chances but couldn't score against Torino.

It wasnt a slip up for milan. their home form is unreal this season. Havent won there yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Juve to win. a game full of goals with del piero and trezegol on form and Iaquinta should come on later on to seal the win... Juventus and Inter both with nearly full squads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Watching Roma vs Empoli now, every time I switch over to Hearts vs Hibs there is a goal :( 2-1 to Roma atm, goal for Empoli was a cracking finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

What channel is the Inter - Juve game on? Havent watched serie since Juve got relegated! Is it still on Bravo, or Setanta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

What channel is the Inter - Juve game on? Havent watched serie since Juve got relegated! Is it still on Bravo, or Setanta?

I'll watch it on Bet365

wonderkid giovinco for empoli on loan from juventus scores on the 90th min to draw with roma 2-2 . hes doing well :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Really wish somewhere had serie A live on telly. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

wonderkid giovinco for empoli on loan from juventus scores on the 90th min to draw with roma 2-2 . hes doing well :D

Roma really blew that game, they had plenty of chances to wrap it up, squandered them, and then payed the price.

Juve v Inter will kick off at 20:45, fifteen minutes later than scheduled, as the Inter team bus arrived late at the stadium due to public order problems.

Yeah I wish it was live on tv but the stream isnt that bad

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Trezegol - that made me laugh!

lordgoat wrote: »

He's no batigoal

1-0 inter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

kearnsr wrote: »
    Yeah I wish it was live on tv but the stream isnt that bad

Just registered with 365 there to watch it and missed the goal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

1-1, Camoranesi

Finished 1-1. Good game of football. Fair enough result. I think Inter will be happier though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Roma 2-2 with Empoli away. Roma are really scoring goals this season.

• Advertisement

Roma 2-2 with Empoli away. Roma are really scoring goals this season.

Yeah but not finishing off games

Roma have scored 25 goals but have a GD of 9.

Inter have scored 22 goals with a GD of 15. I know which record I'd like to have

lordgoat wrote: »

top scorer out of england spain france italy and germany so far.... world class this year.

great game, good chances on both sides, maybe juve deserved 2 penos but oh well , its better than getting 2 penos against us like last weekend... im happy with result. camo scores aftr just coming on after being injured for the whole season. he played great, dribbling past 3-4 players each time he was up in the inter half

Yeah point taken, but remember 8 of those goals conceded came over two matches(Napoli and Inter). Roma have been tight at the back away from home(exluding today), and take away the freak result to Inter and Napoli the defensive record at home is very good as well.

But yeah Roma should be top of the league now(4 extra points), had they managed to finish teams off.

Yeah point taken, but remember 8 of those goals conceded came over two matches(Napoli and Inter). Roma have been tight at the back away from home(exluding today), and take away the freak result to Inter and Napoli the defensive record at home is very good as well.

But yeah Roma should be top of the league now(4 extra points), had they managed to finish teams off.

Dont think the Inter Roma result was a freak result. I think Inter would have won even if Roma had 11 mean. The score line just reflects 11 v 10.

Thing is with saying things they would be top of the league if they finished off teams is the simple fact they arent good enough yet. I'm not saying they are bad but to win a leauge they need to turning 2-2 into 2-1 or 3-2 results

I know it's all well and good saying if they had done this, and done that they would be top of the league, the simple fact is they are 4(or3) points behind Inter, and have played them at home.

Vucinic is playing very well at the moment, and is a very good player, but I think Roma need to invest heavily in a top class striker, something which they havnt done much from what I know or would judge to be world class....would Montella for all his goals be a world class striker? Cole scored many goals, was he really world class?

Batistuta was world class but they got him after his peak...in my opinion. Delvechio was not really world class either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

would Montella for all his goals be a world class striker? Cole scored many goals, was he really world class?

Jesus what do you want from players?

Cole and Montella:

-Played in 2 of the top 3 leagues in the world between them.

-Scored hundreds of goals between them in these leagues.

-Commanded huge transfer fees (well Cole anyway)

-Represented their countries and scored more goals

-Won major honours

How the f*ck is that not 'world class'?

It's a tough one to answer it really is, but Cole on occassions as the cliché goes would struggle to hit a barn door on some days, and Montella well he cost like 20 million, but he was not very succesful at Int. level.

There are very few world class strikers out there these days that will get you 20-30 league goals a season these days. And if there as they wouldnt be cheap.

• Advertisement

Yeah....I was thinking maby go for Eto'o, or even someone like Palacio at Boca...even though he is not really an out and out striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Montella scored 4 in a Rome Derby. World Class

the fact I was there has no bearing on my opinion :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Figo suffered a multiple fracture of his fibula against Juve:(

It's the thinner of the 2 bones in the lower leg so hopefully he makes a speedy recovery with no complications....I'd hate to see him call it a day because of this, he is 35 after all. Such a great player.

Nunu wrote: »
    Figo suffered a multiple fracture of his fibula against Juve:(

It's the thinner of the 2 bones in the lower leg so hopefully he makes a speedy recovery with no complications....I'd hate to see him call it a day because of this, he is 35 after all. Such a great player.

Saw that yesterday. THey had aprofile of him on the CL Show on Setanta. He is a class player. Glad he didnt move to the far east this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Sorry I missed it, this Roberto Gotta article about Derby d'Italia had me reminiscing about the glory days of James Richardson, C4 and a time when I was genuinely interested in what was then the best league in the world.

kinaldo wrote: »
    Sorry I missed it, this Roberto Gotta article about Derby d'Italia had me reminiscing about the glory days of James Richardson, C4 and a time when I was genuinely interested in what was then the best league in the world.

I like Roberto Gotta. Read his stuff all the time (I get all my football stuff from socernet)

• Advertisement
Advertisement