Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia 8800GT. 56k warning.

• 01-11-2007 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭

I got my new baby. I think this card worths every euro i spend for buying it.
    HPIM3456a.jpg
    HPIM3459a.jpg
    HPIM3466a.jpg
    HPIM3467a.jpg

And some first tests i did today.
    My cpu on water and the vga on stock air.
    aqua740-1070@4155_232.jpg
    3d01-745-1070@4130_75.jpg
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=9280361

If anyone wants to upgrade in 8 series i think this is the best value/performance choice.

Thanks
    Christos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

Wow nice bundle.....But would int it be worth waiting for December....

http://www.dailytech.com/But+Wait+Theres+More+NVIDIA+G92+for+2007/article9474.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

COOL wow 740 is quite good seen some and they had trouble getting past 700.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Very nice mate. good scores with the gpu too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭unseen

and a 3dmark05 comparison. In the first picture the vga is default and at the second is at 740/1070 with the cpu at ~4100. Still on stock air unmodded.
    3d03-600-900@4000_21.jpg
    3d05-740-1070@4110_244.jpg

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=3632206

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

Is there any chance you could confirm that it has same cooler fittings as 7900 series....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Nice, definitely a great card. Good core clocks on it too, the average seems to be slightly over 700Mhz.
    Plan on getting a pot for it? Or sticking an evap on it, would be nice to see how it clocks with low temps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

ricka05 wrote: »
    Is there any chance you could confirm that it has same cooler fittings as 7900 series....
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163836
    It seems to be very similar but not exactly the same, some/most coolers for 7900GT/GS will fit but not all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

unseen wrote: »
    and a 3dmark05 comparison. In the first picture the vga is default and at the second is at 740/1070 with the cpu at ~4100. Still on stock air unmodded.

thats is a crazy overclock on stock air :eek: what are your temps like at those clocks

~46 at idle and ~65 at load with the fan at full rpms...
    I will put a pot soon to that baby and of course i will vmod it...

~46 at idle and ~65 at load with the fan at full rpms...
    I will put a pot soon to that baby and of course i will vmod it...

You obviously reseated the heatsink as you have pictures of the IC's. What TIM did you use when reseating?

• Advertisement

only artic ceramiq to the core. To bgas i left this crappy chewing gum...

only artic ceramiq to the core. To bgas i left this crappy chewing gum...

sorry for my n00bery but what is bgas...

Can I ask, would you ever use a silver based TIM on the core?

I mean the memory chips
    take a look hear for more -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_grid_array

Well i prefer artic ceramiq instead of artic silver. It is cheap and efficient.
    Another really good tim is shin etsu.

HPIM3499a.jpg
    aqua.jpeg
    Still on stock air and unmodded... I think its time to push her a bit.. what do you think? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Fantastic! The 880GT is a phenomenal card and for €250 as well.

Im thinking some people around here who may have bought the Ultra edition 8800 are feeling a little foolish?

Looks like I need to find a new home for my XT now :(

people who bought a 8800gtx recently feel foolish too. Like me :(

I should of sold my 8800gtx and bought 2 8800gt's. As nothing is really stressing my 8800gtx's.

Awesome overclock unseen :) Now hurry the **** up and move to ireland. And i hope its dublin your moving too.

whats the main difference between the GTX and GT? Is it only clock speeds? Or does the GT have fewer pipelines?

I'm thinking of throwing the 8800GTX from my HTPC into my main one for SLI when I get my 24" monitor then picking up one of these GT's for the HTPC. Just wondering how much of a performance hit it will be downgrading to the GT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

With games that benefit from Sli the 8800GTs seem to loose out at normal res but on larger monitors actually pull well ahead of a single GTX.

Even just one GT is incredible, look at this for example GT neck and neck with GTX at 1600x1200 in some games(and only a very small minority of people game over that res in the general scheme of things)

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3140&p=9

If you feel annoyed at buying a GTX, imagine just having bought a 640mb GTS? Way less performance, for considerable price hit. At least with the GTX you have similar or better performance for the price hit as well as much better Sli prospects. Already on adverts there are people unable to sell GTS cards for decent money because of the GT.

I can't wait to get one but it'll prob be Christmas, as I really can't scrape the money together before then.

edit: I think the GT has 112 processors compared to 128 on the GTX. Also according to Nvidia the bus is 256-bit versus 384 which kinda surprises me. In fact, there are a few varying differences in most aspects between the GT, GTX and Ultra...Think the review above says that the GT has much more transistors too

http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_8800.html

edit: Brand new, same edition as the one pictured here 8800GT for sale on adverts at the moment for 255 inc. postage. If anyone can't wait for retailers to restock!

L31mr0d wrote: »
    whats the main difference between the GTX and GT? Is it only clock speeds? Or does the GT have fewer pipelines?

I'm thinking of throwing the 8800GTX from my HTPC into my main one for SLI when I get my 24" monitor then picking up one of these GT's for the HTPC. Just wondering how much of a performance hit it will be downgrading to the GT?

has like 12 less pipelines i think and is only 512ram.

• Advertisement

just got my 8800gt of ebay.got it for a good price and it came fac overclocked to 660core.good deal if you ask me.

here's the box it came in

sorry for the ****ty camrea quailty somethings worng with the focusor in the camera(8mp)

CIMG1694.jpg

CIMG1679.jpg

as you can see its quite a cool looking card

the minute i got my hands on it i took it apart :cool:

nice sping screws

CIMG1682.jpg

as you can see they were very happy giving me loads of tim

CIMG1689.jpg

toook me awhile to clean off the muck

CIMG1690.jpg

overclocking the card atm im on 740/1000/1600

8800gtve2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

nice card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

How much you pay for it?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

dazftw wrote: »
    How much you pay for it?

cant say that will hit me when im selling it.lets say i paid 260 for it :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

If you feel annoyed at buying a GTX, imagine just having bought a 640mb GTS? Way less performance, for considerable price hit

*mutters*

i'm never upgrading my pc again, sod it. It's not worth it, I'll just imagine I'm playing them... hopefully my brain runs at dx10 without overheating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

hmm, theyre pretty cheap on ccl (http://www.cclonline.com/) theyre mostly about a €20 snip off komplett. (i hate how they advertise without tax, and in pounds tho....grrr)

still, the cheapest one ive found there aswell, and better value than komplett.

awhir wrote: »
    cant say that will it me when im selling it.lets say i paid 260 for it :rolleyes:

so you are not giving out what you actually paid for it so you can swindle someone down the line when you are selling it. Thats ever so nice of you :rolleyes: *note to self: don't buy anything off awhir*

EDIT: You can get an 8800GT on HWV for €216.74

http://www3.hardwareversand.de/8Va81w9abhwWC8/3/articledetail.jsp?aid=18964&agid=554

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

@ L31mr0d

Always check the tweaking and modding forums before buying off someone in adverts.ie ;)

jonski wrote: »
    @ L31mr0d

Always check the tweaking and modding forums before buying off someone in adverts.ie ;)

Good advice :)

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    @ L31mr0d

I generally do... plus I buy most of my single item stuff from forums in the states now, if i'm making a big order i'll get it from HWV.

I wouldn't be looking to spend more than €100 shipped for one of those GT's. I already know a few people state side selling them, so i'll wait until their prices come down

Advertisement