Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia 8800GT. 56k warning.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I wouldn't be looking to spend more than €100 shipped for one of those GT's. I already know a few people state side selling them, so i'll wait until their prices come down

Linky linky when that comes about please

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

jonski wrote: »
    Linky linky when that comes about please

I help no one with nothing*, most of these offers are oasii in a desert of e-tailer rip offs. If I gave up all my sources and contacts they would quickly dry up.

*I understand its a double negative

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

so you are not giving out what you actually paid for it so you can swindle someone down the line when you are selling it. Thats ever so nice of you :rolleyes: *note to self: don't buy anything off awhir*

EDIT: You can get an 8800GT on HWV for €216.74

http://www3.hardwareversand.de/8Va81w9abhwWC8/3/articledetail.jsp?aid=18964&agid=554

hehe na im not that bad its because people on adverts are cheap basterds.

got robed before because i stated what i paid for something on here :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭unseen

Anti wrote: »
    Awesome overclock unseen :) Now hurry the **** up and move to ireland. And i hope its dublin your moving too.

Hehe! If you can find me now a job tommorow i am there :D

@awhir Good luck with your new baby!

Well the card is simply fantastic.
    82211.JPG

Grrrrrr....I need my good e6850 back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I kno what I'm buyin :p

• Advertisement

I've done the vgpu mod (from 1,068 at 3d load now 1,22) and i put a water on her :)

I didnt expect going over 800 on core but.... :D
    855 on core! Take a look at nature score!!
    84213.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Holy crap, nice going there unseen. What type of water and phase are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Thats just feckin crazy, nice goin m8 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

well **** me sideways with a bargepole. That beats my 3dmark 01 score...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Wait till you crank up the resolution anti.. Then we'll see who's on top ;)

Hj

• Advertisement

Anti wrote: »
    well **** me sideways with a bargepole. That beats my 3dmark 01 score...

sli'ed ?

27106.jpg

:D:D

My precious past away :(
    PICT0007.jpg

Without pumping more the vgpu and without pushing her to the limits simply died...
    Here is the last bench but i was testing lod and mem timmings...
    Usually i had over 760 in nature... Anyway i think a gooood guy will lent me his 8800gt :D What do you think awhir? :P Dont you want your card to be burned too?
    87356.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

:eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

R.i.P

unseen wrote: »
    PICT0007.jpg

Without pumping more the vgpu and without pushing her to the limits simply died...
    Usually i had over 760 in nature... Anyway i think a gooood guy will lent me his 8800gt :D What do you think awhir? :P Dont you want your card to be burned too?
    87356.jpg

pfft if you give me 300e i will :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I was considering upgrading my 7800GTX/256 for one of these but then I came to my senses. There's few games making it sweat in my monitor's native resolution (1680x1050) so I'll hang on to it for a while more, at least until DX10.1 parts are widely available :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Stephen wrote: »
    I'll hang on to it for a while more, at least until DX10.1 parts are widely available :)

see you this time next year so. DX10 is only becoming truly affordable for people now and DX10 was released this time last year. Plus there are no games even pegged for DX10.1. yet. By the time you are ready to buy a DX10.1 card DX10.x will be pegged and you'll have to wait again.

Unseen, its a pity but it kind of was expected, i'm still amazed you where even able to bench at over 255Mhz past the core clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Unseen, its a pity but it kind of was expected, i'm still amazed you where even able to bench at over 255Mhz past the core clock.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

How the hell did you manage to get your E6600 running at 4.7GHz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Conar wrote: »

Err... do you know who unseen is?

Tough luck on the card man but that's just the way it is, you got a good run out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

PICT0007.jpg

87356.jpg

One question there....And plz dont laugh at me .....Sins you wasnt increasing the voltage so sill gonna get it re-plased ?:rolleyes: I meen is there any point to RMA card ?

see you this time next year so. DX10 is only becoming truly affordable for people now and DX10 was released this time last year. Plus there are no games even pegged for DX10.1. yet. By the time you are ready to buy a DX10.1 card DX10.x will be pegged and you'll have to wait again.

thats what you get with a volt mod have seen 1 do 880mhz.

these are only new so there will hopfully be new methods for the pencil mod.

unluckly with the 8800 series you can barely software mod them +0.1V

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Stephen wrote: »
    I was considering upgrading my 7800GTX/256 for one of these but then I came to my senses. There's few games making it sweat in my monitor's native resolution (1680x1050) so I'll hang on to it for a while more, at least until DX10.1 parts are widely available :)

You must be playing really gentle games then, any new intensive games like UT3, Bioshock, Airborne, Ghost Recon 2 etc kill my X1800XT at 1680x1050! (bout the same as the gtx, if not slightly better)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

HavoK wrote: »
    You must be playing really gentle games then, any new intensive games like UT3, Bioshock, Airborne, Ghost Recon 2 etc kill my X1800XT at 1680x1050! (bout the same as the gtx, if not slightly better)

Agreed, I wasn't even able to play BF2142 on 1280x1024 on my old 7800GTX with everything up full.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

PICT0007.jpg
    are the other 5 of those power transistor-type things the same , with the same numbers ?

if so and if there wasn't collateral damage it might even be repairable - there are peoples aound wot do surface mount and www.radionics.ie should have the spares

do you have a better picture of the transistor things ?

probably need to heatsink them in the future or better air flow or better still use colder air

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭jasperok

arent they multi layer pcb's though? more than likely several tracks damaged?
    or do graphocs card still get printed on to single layer pcb?

The card is for sure repairable but it is already traveling for rma. I found the same part at an old 6600GT but i think it isnt worth repair it.(But that core was damnnnn good :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Bigchrome

Conar wrote: »

Not that hard:rolleyes: Even I could do it:
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/bigchrome/107.jpg

• Advertisement

Hi my friends :)

Here is the mod i did to my new one. I am still using the stock hsf. I feed the core with 1,2v instead of 1,068 (in 3D mode).
    With 1,2 i can bench at ~810mhz on core.
    8800gtmod.jpg
    Where is that guy with the zotac? :P Awhir will you bench or you are using that baby only for office jobs? :D:D:D

Advertisement