Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Premiership: Ze Weekend Thread, 3rd & 4th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

that was the weirdest after match interview I have seen. having the opposing players there at the same time :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

jank wrote: »

I don't get this Anderson played well malarky. He started OKish but then faded very badly. There was a reason he got subbed! and there was a reason Arsenal dominated possesion with 56% of it! Yea cesc was $hit, might aswell pawn him off to Birmingham...:rolleyes:

Eh I wouldn't call 56% dominating possession:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Arsenal dominated at 56% because United let them. It's silly to try and close down Arsenal up the pitch, they will pass triangle the **** out of you. United let them come onto them so they could deal with it when the play got tight and in general did a decent job of it. The first goal was due to some utterly shocking defending from Rio then Brown. The second goal was a direct ball into the box, with a misplaced shot that happened to end up on Gallas's foot. United in general stopped Arsenal from playing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

PHB wrote: »
    Arsenal dominated at 56% because United let them. It's silly to try and close down Arsenal up the pitch, they will pass triangle the **** out of you. United let them come onto them so they could deal with it when the play got tight and in general did a decent job of it. The first goal was due to some utterly shocking defending from Rio then Brown. The second goal was a direct ball into the box, with a misplaced shot that happened to end up on Gallas's foot. United in general stopped Arsenal from playing.

Well if thats united stopping arsenal playing then let it continue for the season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

^Arsenal dropping points at home to their main rivals and celebrating like they win the league? Yup, dont mind letting that continue!

• Advertisement

Well if thats united stopping arsenal playing then let it continue for the season!

Indeed. It was a great performance from Arsenal to still get two goals. They punished United's defensive weakness. Doesn't mean that United still didn't stop them from playing their regular game. It's possible to do, and on another day, with another bunch of defenders who don't **** up at least twice in a game, Arsenal can be stopped. They did need a last minute equaliser. In general, Fergie's tactic worked I think.

I don't get why people go on about this whole celebrating thing. They celebrated because they scored a last minute equaliser against their main title rivals. I think United would celebrate too. The whole laughing at them cause of their celebrations of a draw smacks of bitterness to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I don't get why people go on about this whole celebrating thing. They celebrated because they scored a last minute equaliser against their main title rivals. I think United would celebrate too. The whole laughing at them cause of their celebrations of a draw smacks of bitterness to me.

Aye. They were staring a defeat in the face and managed to pull an equaliser out of the bag in the dying seconds against probably the best team in the league. Of course they're going to feel happy with themselves. If they'd knocked the ball around for 90 minutes and got a 0-0 draw and still celebrated then people might have a point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

+1

Cheapshot and bitter IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

+1

Cheapshot and bitter IMO
    +2

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

=3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

eirebhoy wrote: »
    3-1. Campbell og.

I think we are converting you:D

The last time pompey won awy at St James was 1949, We also went on to win the league that season.

An Omen. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm converted. :)

I think 9 black players started for Pompey on Saturday. What are they going to do for strikers when the African Nations starts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I'm converted. :)

I think 9 black players started for Pompey on Saturday. What are they going to do for strikers when the African Nations starts?

David Nugent :eek: Maybe even Peter Crouch, you never know.:rolleyes:

It's great watching us play at the moment, the players seem to enjoy themselves and it shows in the confident, almost cocky way they are playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

Was a good weekend, Manyoo (TM) the Gooners and 'Pool drawing and Chelsea winning, MU + Arse are going no-where just yet, this could be the league we've been waiting a while for, one with a photo finish, 3/4 teams in it in the last month would be great. And Chelse winning, obv :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

And by Chelsea you of course mean ManYoo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Man City strolling about the pitch by the sound of it. They think the've made it already!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

mike65 wrote: »
    Man City strolling about the pitch by the sound of it. They think the've made it already!

Mike.

Man city are ****e havent had a sniff of goal, Sunderland also ****e but nearly had a sniff of goal.

2 worst left backs in the world playing in the same game must be a new record.

This is poisonous football.

kdjac

Five stoppage time goals in the Premiership this weekend, could be another record. And with Sunderland playing tonight we're nearly guaranteed another one! :p

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Five stoppage time goals in the Premiership this weekend, could be another record. And with Sunderland playing tonight we're nearly guaranteed another one! :p

Why arent you watching Blackpool on sky and hugging the tv everytime wes gets the ball?

kdjac

Didn't even know it was on. Ah well, it might just depress me anyway.

• Advertisement

70:50 GOAL - Keith Southern
    Barnsley 2 - Blackpool 1
    Inswinging corner from right by-line taken right-footed by Wesley Hoolahan (Blackpool) to centre, clearance by Heinz Muller (Barnsley). Goal by Keith Southern (Blackpool) left-footed (low centre of goal) from centre of penalty area (12 yards).Barnsley 2-1 Blackpool.

:D

kdjac

I presume Stokes played out wide again...:mad:

Ah Stephen Ireland scored his first goal in a while.

Ireland scores.

still a poxy game.

kdjac

2-2. Woolahan scores.

2-3! Woolahan again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Stephen Ireland scores for City

1-0

I presume Stokes played out wide again...:mad:

Ah Stephen Ireland scored his first goal in a while.

Was up front before he was subbed, he nearly had a header on target, nearly!

kdjac

Hoolahan will be in next weeks Ireland squad now.

Hoolahan will be in next weeks Ireland squad now.

no he wont :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

On this form, he'll make the squad alright.

What about Alan Lee? Wasn't he top scorer for Ipswich last season? Also has 7 goals in 13 games so far this season.

Don Givens called him up after McCarthy got the sack 5 years ago. He's twice the player he was back then so if he doesn't get a call up Givens must reckon we've much better players to choose from now. :)

ummmm

kdjac

2-4, hat trick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Anybody watching the post match Blackpool interview? Funniest thing ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

2-4, hat trick!

WTF? Ended 2-1 :confused:

Also, I thought this was a premiership thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Why is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

2-4, hat trick!

em what?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

terrible game. city go third (i think) cant last though if they play like that again. 7 home wins in a row though

terrible game. city go third (i think) cant last though if they play like that again. 7 home wins in a row though

yup 3rd after playing like that and losing 6-0 in their last league game :confused:

kdjac

I think Sven is a great manager and will replicate his international form with his club. Not really stand a chance against the big boys, drop points against the top 4 reguarly, just being outclassed really. But he'll get you the points against the crap teams. That's how he won the league in Italy, and that's how he might get City to CL places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

KdjaCL wrote: »
    yup 3rd after playing like that and losing 6-0 in their last league game :confused:

kdjac

Playing like what exactly? Winning again at home, maintaining a 100% home recored and not conceding. The best way to overcome a hammering is to keep a clean sheet in your next game and win. The flair can wait til next week. This game was about restoring our stability and we did it. In Sven we trust.

Not really stand a chance against the big boys... But he'll get you the points against the crap teams.

Indeed.

Anyone see Ireland's celebration?

wtf?

http://i20.tinypic.com/dwzzb9.jpg

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Playing like what exactly? Winning again at home, maintaining a 100% home recored and not conceding. The best way to overcome a hammering is to keep a clean sheet in your next game and win. The flair can wait til next week. This game was about restoring our stability and we did it. In Sven we trust.

You were awful and just about beat Sunderland :eek:

You could barely put 2 passes together and scored with one of you 2 shots on target.

well done?

kdjac

Anyone see Ireland's celebration?

wtf?

http://i20.tinypic.com/dwzzb9.jpg

lol daddy dick for all Petrov seems quite pleased with it

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

who makes a youtube videos of pictures, what a waste of time....

Playing like what exactly?

Playing like shite. Was a very poor game. Still, money in the bank!

KdjaCL wrote: »
    You were awful and just about beat Sunderland :eek:

You could barely put 2 passes together and scored with one of you 2 shots on target.

well done?

kdjac

So we have to turn on the style every week in order to please neutrals like you? We destroyed Newcastle a few weeks back with the fantastic football we are capable of playing so everyone knows how good the team is.

The mark of a good team is one that can win without playing well. We just did that and I'm happy, especially considering the pressure was on after last week and also after Portsmouth, Blackburn and Chelsea won at the weekend.

So we have to turn on the style every week in order to please neutrals like you?

Sky lied the bastids!!!!!!

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Defeat at Sunderland next week and I might be in favour of Sven taking over from Allardyce...

• Advertisement
Advertisement