Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis Benchmark

Options
  • 01-11-2007 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi , I wound build in benchmark utility in crysis demo so if you have crysis demo, please post you results....
    One more thing-please post scores on following settings :
    All setings-Medium
    Anti-Aliiasing-Off
    My setup-X24400@2470
    Gpu -8800gtx 570/1800
    Windows xp-DX9

CPU1.png

GPU1.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

how do run the benckmark?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

i just benched 240 seconds from the beach to the scene where the guy gets owned in the tree :D

crysis-bench.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

[IMG][/img]benchmark.png

thanks... although I won't be able to actually run the bench as my RAM is currently flying back to germany getting RMA'd

L31mr0d wrote: »
    thanks... although I won't be able to actually run the bench as my RAM is currently flying back to germany getting RMA'd

Did you got them from hardwareversand.de ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I ran both the cpu and gpu benchmarks, and i dont see any guy getting owned in a tree. The gpu is just a fly by, and the cpu is a guy blowing up a few building with grenades and the rocket launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Anti wrote: »
    I ran both the cpu and gpu benchmarks, and i dont see any guy getting owned in a tree. The gpu is just a fly by, and the cpu is a guy blowing up a few building with grenades and the rocket launcher.

he used another benchmark where it plays the storyline.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

No i just used fraps and played 240 seconds from the first save point

ricka05 wrote: »
    Did you got them from hardwareversand.de ?

yeah HWV. I sent back a mobo to them before and had my replacement in 2 weeks. There's no hassle with RMA numbers with them either, nor the need to email them and tell them you are returning something. Just throw it in a box with the form you fill out from their site and post it off
    ricka05 wrote: »

Its not DX10 in XP... its just extra effects. There is still a difference between this XP tweak and DX10. But I guess Crytek wanted the difference to be more pronounced so they disabled the very high DX9 settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Well with my last run, at 1280x1024 with all settings on VERY HIGH (can't play with less) I got a lovely 16fps average on the gpu if I remember right.....

The CPU scored about 15fps I think... Hmm thats wonderful aint it!? I'm starting to suspect that my Q6600 is actually a 3ghz P4 in disguise :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭jasperok

@HENDRIX

lol so so ture, I was delighted getting my quadcore to 3.6 thinking its just going to eat anything alive, then bring up task manager in crysis and see what its doing.... talk about a waste of hardware

when are we going to see the the benefit of quad core ?? i would of thought it would of been a relatively simple jpb to allow software patches for windows/drivers/games to offload jobs to available cores.

by the time the pc is multi core optimised our q6600 even overclocked are going to be redundant.

how upsetting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

jasperok wrote: »
    @HENDRIX

lol so so ture, I was delighted getting my quadcore to 3.6 thinking its just going to eat anything alive, then bring up task manager in crysis and see what its doing.... talk about a waste of hardware

when are we going to see the the benefit of quad core ?? i would of thought it would of been a relatively simple jpb to allow software patches for windows/drivers/games to offload jobs to available cores.

by the time the pc is multi core optimised our q6600 even overclocked are going to be redundant.

how upsetting :(
    Haha exactly, the only place it's worth getting cutting edge hardware is the graphics side, cpu, memory, mobos have hardly any effect on gaming. Look how the new quad core penryn performs against crysis.

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/intel_core_2_extreme_qx9650_penryn_performance/page11.asp

Matches the X2 6000+ :eek:

Cryengine seems to offload everything to the gpu, whereas load balancing between the gpu and cpu would be perferable for those who invested in high end multicore. Hopefully games like Alan Wake will make more use of thems cores :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

This is still only a demo guys. When the full game is launched it could be a completly different story... Well i hope.

Advertisement