Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

voltage transformer for U.S 360

• 01-11-2007 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

hi all,

i recently bought an xbox360 in america and am currently using a really big yellow box voltage transformer (like the ones used on building sites) to convert the power so i dont fry the machine.
    anyway its really big an ugly and way more than what i need, plus i have to give it bac to the guy i borrowed it off, so im looking for a smaller neater one that still would be good enough not to fry my machine!
    anyone know of any good websites (preferably irish) that sell transformers??

thanks.

ps. i may buy the xbox hddvd player aswell would i need 2 transformers or can i jus run it off the american extension cable i have?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Simplest way to do this would be to just buy a new 240V Xbox360 power brick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

Can't you just adapt the plug instead of using the transformer? The 360's brick should be able to do all the transforming while losing that sweet, sweet heat thanks to the miracle of diffusion...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

the hddvd player i know for sure will take 220V, so all you need there is a plug adapter and plug into wall.

not sure if the american power brick can handle 220. unless it says so on the brick i wouldn't go plugging it in..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

mossym wrote: »
    the hddvd player i know for sure will take 220V, so all you need there is a plug adapter and plug into wall

I just got an american one of these, have a lil step down on it, can I just replace it with a "ghetto blaster" cable from over here?

(sorry for the terminology!)

Was gonna post this but you seem to know the jazz!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

my hddvd drive was bought in the us as well. on the brick part of it it says 100-240V. if yours says the same you can get a standard cable as you said with irish plug on it and you're sorted

btw, i've yet to see one that doesn't say 100 to 240, but please check before you do this, i don't want you after me if you blow up the drive!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Nice one,

cheers mossy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

The older 360's were single voltage either. havent seen any dual voltage ones
    Just checked my elite power supply and thats 220 only so DONT go and change the plug on it as there will be a big bang!

Theres another post here about someone looking for a PSU. have a look there to see about buying one.

Advertisement