Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

€11000 to spend on what?? advice needed!

Options
  • 01-11-2007 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

hi all,
    im looking for a new car currently driving a VW polo which ive had since ive started driving and need a change.

11k is the max budget and looking to buy a northern / english car. will deal with vrt later stage.
    have 3 cars in mind:
    1. Bmw 320 01-02ish
    2. Honda Accord 02-04 (new model)
    3. opel Astra sporthatch (new model) 04ish

just looking for some opinions on these cars, i havent seen anything apart from these 3 that i like. had a test drive in a 320td last week, a lot of power (obviously coming from a polo) and a great drive but i wasnt overly impressed with the interior fairly bland i thought!!
    havent driven the other 2 so cant comment on them.

or at this stage of the year would i be better off waiting til january and get more money off?

any thoughts??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Better edit your post and add another zero in your thread title ;)
    sandt wrote: »
    will deal with vrt later stage

What do you mean there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭sticky9cd

unkel wrote: »
    Better edit your post and add another zero in your thread title ;)

What do you mean there?

learn english?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭CarLover

sandt wrote: »
    hi all,
    im looking for a new car currently driving a VW polo which ive had since ive started driving and need a change.

11k is the max budget and looking to buy a northern / english car. will deal with vrt later stage.
    have 3 cars in mind:
    1. Bmw 320 01-02ish
    2. Honda Accord 02-04 (new model)
    3. opel Astra sporthatch (new model) 04ish

just looking for some opinions on these cars, i havent seen anything apart from these 3 that i like. had a test drive in a 320td last week, a lot of power (obviously coming from a polo) and a great drive but i wasnt overly impressed with the interior fairly bland i thought!!
    havent driven the other 2 so cant comment on them.

or at this stage of the year would i be better off waiting til january and get more money off?

any thoughts??

Is that 320 a coupe? It's a 2.2 straight six, rear wheel drive. There is no contest...it's the one to go for. An Astra is a very average hatchback...and it's made by Opel. Enough said.
    The Honda is a grand bus...reliable too...but the Beamer wins that contest hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jus

hi i trying to sell my bmw 318 ages it great looking car its 01 nct for two years taxed 84k ex.cond phone me if your interested 0879494962.

Advertisement