Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Import proceedure

Options
  • 01-11-2007 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi,

Right, I'm looking to import a motor (from Japan) and need to find out the procedure of getting it from Dublin port to the VRO. I've rung several insurance companies and no one would quote me temporary insurance to drive it up to Santry.

I'm thinking of getting a tow truck to haul it up there, any idea of the cost of that?

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, what did you do in that situation?

Anyone have any other ideas?

Cheers,

quon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭123

try http://www.brittoninsurance.com/
    these people quote anything no matter how insane ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

To tow it from port to an address would typicaly be 100eur + VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'm importing a uk car. I simply switched my insurance over to the uk reg but I won't get a disc until I VRT it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I'm importing a uk car. I simply switched my insurance over to the uk reg but I won't get a disc until I VRT it.

Uk car is different to japanese car as they dont come with plates as far as i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭sticky9cd

yip no plates but your legally covered to drive the car for 24hrs in ireland(you can get insurance an cars chassis number as far as i remember without plates for the 24hrs)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Anyone remember the good old 'FOR REG' days?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

haha and written on cardboard no less:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

quinn will transfer you with the vin number, VRT`ìng mine on friday.

Advertisement