Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review: Cheap eBay 6x6 foot projector screen on tripod (Eur 130)

• 01-11-2007 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought an entry level LCD projector last year, and had been making do with projecting it on to a large magnolia painted wall.
    The problem there was that projected white looked too bright / washed out.

Projector screens seemed to be ridiculously expensive, and I was looking for a tripod / free standing one.

I ended up going for one of these ( same seller ).
    Only cost £39 (screen) + £51 (postage) in Sterling... roughly Eur 130.

eBay Link Here

It's a great improvement in image quality, proper colour rendering etc.
    HUGE screen, 6 x 6 foot. A nice bargain compared to the price of other screens out there on the net.

I'm sure there's plenty of projector perfectionists out there who'll turn their noses up at this, but for the "entry level" projectionists out there, I'm very happy with this. If I can only get my old N64 hooked up, I'm be ringing into work sick for a few days ;)

regards,
    Owen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Cheaper , neater , and just as good ,

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=322404

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

Depends on Komplett's delivery charges... yours is Eur 104 ex delivery.
    My was Sterling £39 ex delivery :D

But, yes it's a comparable enough product.

I didn't want to drill holes in my ceiling / walls, so a tripod was preferable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

My was Sterling £39 ex delivery

Not a real price , thats a standard Ebay sellers trick of reducing the percentage of sale paid to Ebay , drop the price , increase the postage , Ebay get no percentage of postage costs.

Both nice enough screens though.

Advertisement