Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chinese take away in Galway?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

y-u-no-meme-generator-lockstep-y-u-no-supply-google-map-directions-27f19d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Lockstep wrote: »
    Cappagh Road out in Knocknacarra. Head up the Barna road Past the Knocknacarra church and turn right down Woodfield.

They also do takeaway. Definetly reccomend it.

Must give her a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

Lockstep wrote: »
    Cappagh Road out in Knocknacarra. Head up the Barna road Past the Knocknacarra church and turn right down Woodfield.

They also do takeaway. Definetly reccomend it.

Tried it twice, didn't like it either time.

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I've been getting Limeleaf lately,some really good stuff. Huge portions.

Where is that located?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I've been hearing some great things about limeleaf. Must give them a try,

Usually I go for China Garden in WellPark.

biko wrote: »

Thanks Google and Biko.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bensweeney

I must say I had the nicest Duck Satay ever from King Ding in Westside! I never went there before because it is in Westside but I chanced it from Just eat and it was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Had 'Happy House' on Sunday, very cheap (especially its box offers) and really nice too. Delivery on the slow side with a 3km trip on a Sunday evening for the order taking over an hour though.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Had 'Happy House' on Sunday, very cheap (especially its box offers) and really nice too. Delivery on the slow side with a 3km trip on a Sunday evening for the order taking over an hour though.

Where is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

dmcg90 wrote: »

they dont do Duck Satay:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Wonder what their 'butter' sausage is like lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

China Court in Ballybane.....kidding, the chicken tastes like tofu!

Golden Rickshaw....FTW!

China Court in Ballybane.....kidding, the chicken tastes like tofu!

Golden Rickshaw....FTW!

What does FTW mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Happy House is awful. I lived 2 mins of a walk from it and still wouldn't eat it.

Golden Mountain is the best. The Villa in Salthill does some nice dishes, others not so nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

bensweeney wrote: »
    What does FTW mean?
    For The Win

biko wrote: »

I still dont understand what it means

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Happy House is awful. I lived 2 mins of a walk from it and still wouldn't eat it.

Golden Mountain is the best. The Villa in Salthill does some nice dishes, others not so nice.

The Villa used to be my favourite until they would not take an order on just eat one night or answer there calls. Then I switched to westside it was the best decision I have ever made in my life FTW (I think might me appropriate here?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

The Villa used to be my favourite until they would not take an order on just eat one night or answer there calls. Then I switched to westside it was the best decision I have ever made in my life FTW (I think might me appropriate here?)

Was that in the last 9 months or so by any chance? They seemed to make some very questionable hires...very rude people on the phone and at the counter. I think the nice Chinese lady who worked there before that left...replaced with a young girl who was also nice but then replaced with an older woman and some guy. The delivery drivers was a bit off too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Emperor city is gorgeous! Big portions & not too expensive.

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Was that in the last 9 months or so by any chance? They seemed to make some very questionable hires...very rude people on the phone and at the counter. I think the nice Chinese lady who worked there before that left...replaced with a young girl who was also nice but then replaced with an older woman and some guy. The delivery drivers was a bit off too..

Yes about two weeks ago. They kept refusing the just eat order and would not answer the phone. So they have lost a customer from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

When I lived east side I was a fan of Jack Jordons.
    Now that I'm west side, I have yet to indulge in the takeaways.
    Had a Vinneys on the way home the last night, the chips tasted good, but there was alcohol involved though!

Panthro wrote: »
    Had a Vinneys on the way home the last night, the chips tasted good, but there was alcohol involved though!

Thats all well and good but this thread is about Chinese food

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Thats all well and good but this thread is about Chinese food
    Panthro wrote: »

When you're piddled drunk, you wouldn't know the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

For years i ignored The Golden Rickshaw for some reason, probably simply because of the aesthetics of the place but i was brought in there recently by some friends and was blown away. They're really accommodating of vegetarians and vegans and will prepare food anyway you need it prepared.When i asked for something to be extra hot i got, "Ok, we make you cry" and they weren't lying-great heat! Well worth a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

Fey! wrote: »
    The one on Cookes Corner is the Curry House. 091-589044. Very good, and very fast delivery.

May I recommend the chicken and mushroom soup, chilli ribs (order with no veg), spring rolls, and the crispy duck with water chestnuts...

They generally do a complimentary bottle of beer with orders over around €30 (Tsing tao - quite nice), but it's not a hard and fast rule.

something tells me this is an advertisment!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

sealgaire wrote: »

something tells me this is an advertisment!!!

And it took you 5 years to tell us??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

anyone try the place that used tom be mixers on mary st? asian tea house is it?

menu looks yum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

barone wrote: »
    anyone try the place that used tom be mixers on mary st? asian tea house is it?

menu looks yum
    Asian Tea House isnt new you know? Its very nice, havent been for years but when i have been its always been excellent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement