Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nipples and tattoos

• 02-11-2007 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

O knowledgeable denizens of boards, I need your help.

I am intending to get my first tattoo in the near future - one to two weeks sort of timescale. The trouble is, two days ago I got my nipples pierced. My tattoo will be a rather large lower back piece, so I will be in the chair with my freshly pierced nipples squished up against the back of the tattoo chair for the four or five hours it should take.

Has anyone any advice about this? Should I wait until they're healed a bit better, or will they be able to survive this ordeal?

Thanking you in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

You should be grand... anyone I know who has sat backwards in a chair for a tat usually ends up sitting at an angle with their elbows on the back and their chest not touching anything. So they probably won't be too squished.

If you want some extra padding for 4-5 hours I find mepore (or boot's own brand equivelent) plasters are nice, they're made out of cotton and are the right size to 'pad' and protect a nipple piercing if you're worried. I use them for my nape when I get my hair cut...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

Marvellous! That's great - I'm dying to get this tattoo, and when I thought of that, my heart just sank like a stone at the thought of having to wait for even longer. That's brilliant news:)

Oh, and thanks for the quick response:)

Advertisement