Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has to be the "wow factor" design

Options
  • 02-11-2007 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hello,

My business will be starting in the next 6-8 weeks and I am fully aware of the importance of a web presence. I am looking for a company to design an impressive website (new ideas) but with little content. That is the website is more of a portal to point people to our physical premises and inform them about our goods.

I am thinking 4-5 pages with a location map but am willing to pay for the impressive factor... can anyone recommend a company...(need to see a portfolio before committing) and also I would really like it to be an Irish Company.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks So much
    Granty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Hmm.... 5 - 6 weeks isn't a lot of lead time in my opinion ... I'd be up for it as well only I'm up to my neck right now

Having seen some of the designers around the one that springs to mind is http://www.davidbehan.com/ his most recent site (I think) would be http://www.blueskymortgages.ie/ quite cool ...

Anyways good luck with the project :)

Edit: opps misread time frame ... s

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Depends on the business forbairt - I do fast turn around. If the client knows what he wants and has the text, could easily be done. Saying that, it could take weeks - but really depends how ready the client is. We have a project done for a local business and im still waiting for him to provide me with the exact text he wants on the site.

I certainly would be up for it. I can get together a design preview for the project within a few days of receiving the spec. If your happy, we can proceed. If not, that's fine by us and no charge.

David Behan designs look impressive. Nice work done, and unique. Another company operating from Waterford does impressive designs but 90% of their projects are the same design, just different colours and images. Nothing unique about them, which I dislike!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I guess where I was going is ... most people I know seem to be heavily booked out at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭randombar

I've been looking at a few of these:

http://www.templatemonster.com/category/3d-style/

truck loads of templates!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Get in touch with Eoghan McCabe too.

Don't use a template monster design if you don't want people pointing it out on webmaster forums :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭randombar

Trojan wrote: »
    Don't use a template monster design if you don't want people pointing it out on webmaster forums :)

Haha true :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

I'd recommend Peter McCormack at www.NewOdyssey.ie he has done some fantastic work both on-line and print (even had a cartoon series on RTE).

Cheers
    Fintan

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Also, templates have their own copyright normally stating you got it of a template site. Hardly "wow factor" in a design :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭BRENSH

I have a friend. He is not a professional but he is fairly good at it. Pinpoint studios
    He is fairly good at but he is only starting out. His sites are functional anyway. I don't know about the wow factor though. You should check out his site.

Advertisement