Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harshness...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

that thread really didnt belong in PI and was clearly a troll. It should have been binned earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dudess wrote: »
    I am that child. The PM was abusive, being abusive via PM is out of order.

Your an absolute joke.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Learning from your mistakes ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

cheesedude wrote: »
    Your an absolute joke.

Her what?

Anyone who thinks that reporting an abusive PM is somehow, I dunno, childish, would probably not shirk from sending a few themselves.

Sending an abusive or intimidatory PM is cowardly, back handed, and is totally against the community ethos of this website.

Anyone who does so, or is naive enough to think it's somehow justified, should shut up and take their medicine.

Ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Her what?

Anyone who thinks that reporting an abusive PM is somehow, I dunno, childish, would probably not shirk from sending a few themselves.

Sending an abusive or intimidatory PM is cowardly, back handed, and is totally against the community ethos of this website.

Anyone who does so, or is naive enough to think it's somehow justified, should shut up and take their medicine.
    As the recipient of a few abusive PM's (the most recent one cracked me up. Something about dying alone), I have to agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Her what?

In fairness, if someone told me to go f*ck myself via pm I'd just laugh it off, whether it was deserved or not, else fire back something at them.

Also, it's quite hypocritical to say it "goes against the community ethos" when there's private forums choc-full of abuse about those who cannot access said forums. I'm sure you're aware of what I'm referring to.

Anyway, no need to get into a rant over it.

Let's not forget, the whole reason I pm'd her was to not take the thread off topic...

Also, when ever I have seen disagreements in threads between posters, the mods always say take it to PM.

Just make up your god damn mind.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

There's a large difference between continuing a discussion via PM, and just sending someone an abusive PM that simply says "Go **** yourself". Surely you can see that? What you did was over the top and unnecessary. If you had controlled your temper and PM'ed dudess telling her that you found her calling you an idiot to be unacceptable, maybe things wouldn't have gone against you so much.

Yeah I agree with you...i should have controlled my temper better.

• Advertisement

Yeah I agree with you...i should have controlled my temper better.

Acknowledging a lapse in judgement is more than many here do, so fair play.
    rb_ie wrote:
    In fairness, if someone told me to go f*ck myself via pm I'd just laugh it off, whether it was deserved or not, else fire back something at them.

There's not a whole lot boards can, or needs to do if two users are engaged in a private consensual bickering session. A problem only arises where one of the parties takes umbrage to such an approach. A user who cries foul after an exchange of abusive PMs will only weaken their argument when eventually it's presented as a complaint, which is where discretion comes into play.
    rb_ie wrote:
    Also, it's quite hypocritical to say it "goes against the community ethos" when there's private forums choc-full of abuse about those who cannot access said forums. I'm sure you're aware of what I'm referring to.

Actually, I'm not.

I might be many things, but I'm no hypocrite. I have strongly questioned the running of one particular private forum in the past, as did some other users, quite simply because it was felt by us that some of the activities therein were not in keeping with the collective culture of boards.ie.

Aside from that, I can't think of any instance where users are "abused" without their knowledge. I don't think the admins would take too kindly to such a practice on the site, based on their past contributions on similiar topics.

On occasion, the activities and posting habits of certain users are put forward for opinion and discussion amongst moderators, no big secret about that. This could hardly be construed as abuse.
    rb_ie wrote:
    Anyway, no need to get into a rant over it.

No ranting here...

Actually, I'm not.

I might be many things, but I'm no hypocrite. I have strongly questioned the running of one particular private forum in the past, as did some other users, quite simply because it was felt by us that some of the activities therein were not in keeping with the collective culture of boards.ie.

Aside from that, I can't think of any instance where users are "abused" without their knowledge. I don't think the admins would take too kindly to such a practice on the site, based on their past contributions on similiar topics.

On occasion, the activities and posting habits of certain users are put forward for opinion and discussion amongst moderators, no big secret about that. This could hardly be construed as abuse.

No ranting here...

Oh I wasn't accusing you of being a hypocrite Roundy, I was saying that the claim of a "community ethos" (which I'm aware isn't a creation of your own) is hypocritical in itself.

Well I, for one, have been made aware that I've been called, amongst other things, a wanker in the mod forum. Didn't hear of any action taken about that tbh.

Not going to make an issue of it, just think it's a load of balls to be touting community ethos/spirit when that's going on behind users backs.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

rb_ie wrote: »
    Well I, for one, have been made aware that I've been called, amongst other things, a wanker in the mod forum. Didn't hear of any action taken about that tbh.

Not going to make an issue of it, just think it's a load of balls to be touting community ethos/spirit when that's going on behind users backs.

Not making an issue of it but just keep mentioning it?

I'm sure if you start your own feedback thread then plenty of people would be willing to discuss whether this is true or not.

rb_ie wrote: »
    Oh I wasn't accusing you of being a hypocrite Roundy, I was saying that the claim of a "community ethos" (which I'm aware isn't a creation of your own) is hypocritical in itself.

Fair enough.
    rb_ie wrote:

I won't get into that, as I hope that it has now for the most part been resolved.

I suppose what I'm getting at, is that community, or whatever you want to call it, is a two way street. I don't want to single you out here, but if you consider that being called a wanker is against that, then surely you must agree that posting such content as you did is also the same.

I've known you on boards for quite a while now, and find it difficult to reconcile such posting with what I know. Those who have met you IRL agree. Sometimes its better to bite the lip and remain silent etc...

Believe me, I know.
    rb_ie wrote:

As I say, that responsibility rests with all of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Your an absolute joke.
    More abuse is it? My, what great strength of character you have. And by the way, it's "you're". If my saying "personal abuse via PM is out of order" makes me an "absolute joke", how in the hell did you get to be hosted moderator?
    Faith wrote:
    If you had controlled your temper and PM'ed dudess telling her that you found her calling you an idiot to be unacceptable, maybe things wouldn't have gone against you so much.
    Except I didn't actually call him an idiot, but he's conveniently ignoring that fact.
    rb_ie wrote:
    Aww well don't worry, the big bad man was taken care of it seems.

Now here
    Aw cheers, rb_ie. You're clearly a beautiful, kind person.
    Recent comments of yours directed at Le Rack include:
    rb_ie wrote:
    You on the other hand are what men think about when they want to stop themselves ejactulating prematurely, or when they've erections when they shouldn't and want to get rid of them quickly.

Your breasts are not fabulous, they are big in size because you've had about 1000 too many Big Macs and probably drop to your knees without extreme support.

Throw your fugly mug into the picture too and you have what every man dreads waking up beside in the morning after a night out.

I wouldn't be surprised if every "relationship" you ever had started at the taxi rank and ended when you woke up to a guy crying beside the bed the next morning. :shock:

You're the type of ugly that murder after sleeping with you would be MANDATORY to ensure word never, ever got out.
    rb_ie wrote:
    Although, 17 after a feed or 17 on an empty stomach?I'm presuming the latter, tossed in with a dose of rohypnol(in your own drink).

I feel sorry for anyone having a tug to the pictures in this thread,I can imagine it's like "Oh she's hot" <scroll down> "OH DEAR GODS MY PENIS HAS GONE INWARDS WTF WTF WTF" followed by a quick scroll down "OH THANK GODS ITS OUT AGAIN"

Srsly guys, the encouraging comments are so f*cked up
    It's amazing that you've been called a "wanker" in another discussion, it really is...

So, are you a vicious, malicious, cruel bully in all aspects of your day-to-day life, or just on an internet forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I heard rb_ie is a very gentle, considerate lover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Sangre wrote: »

You "hear", eh...

*suspicous look*

Also, when ever I have seen disagreements in threads between posters, the mods always say take it to PM.

Just make up your god damn mind.
    Ye-eh-sss. When mods say to take the discussion to PM, that also means you can send abusive messages. Do you not see the stupidity of your post above?
    rb_ie wrote:
    Hmmm... Probably because it's, eh, true.

Stirrin' stirrin' stirrin'...

Keep that thread a runnin'...

RAAAWWWWHAAYYEEEEEEEEEDDDD!!!11!!

Translation: Give it a flippin' rest.

Dudess wrote: »
    So, are you a vicious, malicious, cruel bully in all aspects of your day-to-day life, or just on an internet forum?

No no, towards 95.5% of people I'm an absolute gent.
    Sangre wrote:

lol
    Translation: Give it a flippin' rest.

Agreed.

• Advertisement

It's simple with someone like dudess.

Bottom Line: She got ****ed around by a big strong man. And she now hates big strong men. She is bitter, low in confidence and has issues. Personal Issues.

Dudess you have problems...good luck with them...
    And by the way, it's "you're".

Thanks...whatever makes you more confident dudess...;)

Also dudess...http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=idiocy&sub=Search+WordNet&o2=&o0=1&o7=&o5=&o1=1&o6=&o4=&o3=&h=0

You called me mentally retarded. You should be banned for life...but your bitter so it's understandable...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Bottom Line: She got ****ed around by a big strong man. And she now hates big strong men. She is bitter, low in confidence and has issues. Personal Issues.

Thanks...whatever makes you more confident dudess...;)

And there was me thinking why ? She'd just lost a chip off her shoulder, ah well, one gone, one to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'm seriously wondering wtf went wrong in this thread.

Can't we all just get along, and listen to Cannibal Corpse? No? Well, can we at least all just get along?

Here's a kitten:

cutekitten9ah.jpg

Be more like that. :)

KH, the kitten is clearly battering that plant to pieces. Why would you encourage us to be more like that?!
    cheesedude wrote:

Thanks...whatever makes you more confident dudess...
    And there was me thinking why ? She'd just lost a chip off her shoulder, ah well, one gone, one to go!
    Yeah...

It's interesting how people who can't defend themselves in an argument often resort to the old "you've got issues", "you've a chip on your shoulder" etc lines.

Look inside yourself...because you do have problems.

Over-sensitivity is one of them...

I also put money down that a guy has screwed you over really badly...prove me wrong.

Guys take it to PM

:p

Look inside yourself...because you do have problems.

Over-sensitivity is one of them...

I also put money down that a guy has screwed you over really badly...prove me wrong.
    Hon, you don't know me, just like I don't know you. Therefore you really don't have a right to evaluate me based on my postings to Boards.

lol ok "hon"

Good boy.

• Advertisement

don't be patronising towards me. I still stand by what I said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement