Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harshness...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

What a bloody train wreck of a thread.

Well done to all those who made it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thaedydal wrote: »
    attentionwhore.jpg

godgivenright.jpg

Thanks a lot for backing me up, i'm being made out to be a bully.

setmypeoplefree.jpg

muppet.jpg

cranialrectal.jpg

flamingmuppet.jpg

Am I meant to take offence because you posted some fantasy type cards? Are you actually for real? You call yourself a Parenting mod...and this is your behaviour? I say you will do a great job there...

Issues...serious issues.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

so in summary, a user posts his issue in feedback. Right or wrong some comments are made in response to the issue. The user is unhappy with the return comments and continues with rant. Why let the thread go on to the point where mods are now havin a pop at the user which was the basis of his argument in the first place?

Doesnt matter whether he was right or wrong in the first place, threads shouldnt be allowed to get to this point. Doesnt reflect well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

cheesedude wrote: »
    You call yourself a Parenting mod...and this is your behaviour? I say you will do a great job there...
    He's right you know, Thaed. Your fondness of internet humour must mean you're a terrible mother.

Why would you do this to your kids? Why?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

faceman wrote: »
    so in summary, a user posts his issue in feedback. Right or wrong some comments are made in response to the issue. The user is unhappy with the return comments and continues with rant. Why let the thread go on to the point where mods are now havin a pop at the user which was the basis of his argument in the first place?

Doesnt matter whether he was right or wrong in the first place, threads shouldnt be allowed to get to this point. Doesnt reflect well.

I have to agree with this. Half this thread has been a farce. What's done is done now, and there's no point in continuing to antagonise the OP. He admitted he was wrong about 50 posts ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Cheesedude- this was targetted at Dudess - Queen of Moans.
    That's right Sonnenblumen. You just KEEP on stirring like a good little troll...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

How did I miss this thread?
    Was called an idiot by another user in the thread for that comment...so instead of taking the thread off topic, i pm'd the user telling them quite simply to "Go **** yourself"

Sending unsolicited abusive PM's will get you a temp site ban on Boards. Most of us find it odd, stalkerish and more than a bit strange that someone would take the time to do this.
    i would be banned from the personal issues section for probably a week...

Because it was a comment made out in the open and not at all as intimidating as receiving a PM from someone you don't know sending you abuse.

I haven't read this thread, in fact, I've only read this last page and all I can say is wow, someone needs to take a walk out in the fresh air.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Stalkerish, odd and more than a bit strange you say? And this is coming from the person with some witch as her profile photo?

Are you all actually for real? I was called mentally retarded/idiotic and pm'd the user telling her to go **** herself. Are you just trying to provoke me even further?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Nope it wasn't.
    And if that was the case he should have posted in feed back.

This thread is about him thinking that calling a post idiotic is the same as calling him an idiot. This is not true one is an opinion of the quality of his post the other is a personal insult.

He lost the rag and ended up site banned and then came and exhibited here the same lack of restraint by attacking people. His lack of civility in this thread is showing himself up.

At this stage I reported his posts esp where he had been saying that I am not a fit parent but am not personally insulted but them as he does not know me so I will instead point out to him where he is going wrong.

I choose to use the boards gathering cards cos they were made to try and enlighten those who don't get it and try make them see that such statements are not new in fact they are sooo old and such a cliche that a card was made for them.
    ibid wrote:
    He's right you know, Thaed. Your fondness of internet humour must mean you're a terrible mother.

Why would you do this to your kids? Why?

serious.jpg

Clearly so that when they grow up they can google my nick and see examples
    of how to ignore people's idiotic posts and not to get upset when they try make comment about things they don't know ( ie my parenting skills ) which well makes them idiotic comments.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Stalkerish, odd and more than a bit strange you say? And this is coming from the person with some witch as her profile photo?

I never considered the pic I use in my profile to be a witch, that is your interpretation. More to the point, I fail to see what that has to do with the price of turnips.
    I politely explained the way things work, the rules broken and all I get in return is bad manners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Nope it wasn't.
    And if that was the case he should have posted in feed back.

This thread is about him thinking that calling a post idiotic is the same as calling him an idiot. This is not true one is an opinion of the quality of his post the other is a personal insult.

I suppose we'll just have to differ on this point, I don't hold the same stance as you and know i cannot convince you of my point of view, nor vice versa.

To me if you call a persons post idiotic you call their point of view (which is what they put in a post afterall) on a particular subject idiotic. So your view is of similar quality to an idiot's. To me that's personal, cheesdude felt the same way as I am sure others do.

I don't think its fair to say I am wrong and you are right. I accept some people wouldn't be offended but it is therefore only fair to accept others are offended by such language

I have had my religious beliefs called silly and several other things on this site and have not felt the need to pm anyone telling them to fúck off and earn myself a site ban.

Even the level at which cheesedude is trying to provoke me I still have the cop on to not break the site rules and be personally abusive to him.

This site is based on the exchange if ideas and opinions and you can not get your knickers in a twist when someone thinks that your idea or your opinions don't hold water or are idiotic and expresses it in a civil fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I have had my religious beliefs called silly and several other things on this site and have not felt the need to pm anyone telling them to fúck off and earn myself a site ban.

Even the level at which cheesedude is trying to provoke me I still have the cop on to not break the site rules and be personally abusive to him.

This site is based on the exchange if ideas and opinions and you can not get your knickers in a twist when someone thinks that your idea or your opinions don't hold water or are idiotic and expresses it in a civil fashion.

I am in no way defending cheesedude's actions. He was very very wrong to PM Dudess. He broke the rules so got to suffer the ban. Simple really

I just think he was justified in being offended, that is all

When it comes to our debate my knickers are firmly un-twisted. You have been very civil. We disagree, big deal. If at any stage though you had called my opinion moronic, stupid or idiotic then I would genuinely be annoyed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

He lost the rag and ended up site banned and then came and exhibited here the same lack of restraint by attacking people. His lack of civility in this thread is showing himself up.

There has been more than just the OP showing themselves up in this thread, some of the OP's comments have been egged on. I havent seen a Feedback thread get as bad as this before.

If someone acts the messer and gets themself banned, it doesnt justify other posters/mods doing the same. That carry on would get an individual banned in most forum here. It reflects bad on boards especially if there are moderators involved. we have all dissed other sites for similar carry on at one time or another.

Anyway im not here for debate, thats my view.

Oh you need to go and look at what feedback was like 3 years ago and 5 years ago this is very mild comapred to how people who didn't have a lot of cop on were treated.

An you ant mods held to a higher standards then posters in forums were they are not a mod ?
    Not going to happen. I am a free person and a poster and can say what I like as long as I accept the consquence. I am not an employee of boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I am not an employee of boards.ie.

Shhh!

Yes, you are.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Oh you need to go and look at what feedback was like 3 years ago and 5 years ago this is very mild comapred to how people who didn't have a lot of cop on were treated.

An you ant mods held to a higher standards then posters in forums were they are not a mod ?
    Not going to happen. I am a free person and a poster and can say what I like as long as I accept the consquence. I am not an employee of boards.ie.

There is a Star Trek fan site that has this issue.

They have two log in passwords (i think it is passwords).
    #1: gives them their MOD profile: Moderator is present in their avatar. There is an entire different back ground to their avatar. Anything posted as this is the post of a Mod.

#2: It looks like every other members avatar, Just post counts location etc. These posts are the posts of the individual and do not reflect the site.

So I would have to try and bounce between profiles cos people can't grasp the concept that I am mod only when posting in the forums which are listed under my avatar....

pffffff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

So I would have to try and bounce between profiles cos people can't grasp the concept that I am mod only when posting in the forums which are listed under my avatar....

pffffff

Bingo.....anyone who is too stupid to figure this out should quite frankly not be allowed on the internet, or outside, or tie their own laces.

Your post has made your view quite clear. Not an ethos i agree with and while you can preach that you are free to post what you want, at the end of the day you are moderator and thus represent boards that little bit more than a general user does.

Either way Im certainly not goin to fall out with you over it so i will bow out with this post. (i swear this time! :D)

While a bit of banter is fine and does go on, i still feel that this thread has descended into a place that to me, doesnt reflect what boards is all about nor Feedback for that matter. But then again maybe my view of what it shoud be about is incorrect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

pffffff

I think it is more along the lines of when you would like to post a private opinion within the forum you are a Mod of.

Part of being a mod is contributing to the forum of which you mod, so that does not make a lot of sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Dudess wrote: »
    That's right Sonnenblumen. You just KEEP on stirring like a good little troll...

YAWN

/me chucks a horsechestnut in Sunflowrs open gob and watch him choke on the green spikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

WTF?

Why did this person only get banned for 11 days?

Talliesin wrote: »
    WTF?

Why did this person only get banned for 11 days?

Wishing you were an smod again ?

What boggles me is why he is not banned again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

We've been through this. It's because you're a bad mother for having a witch as your avatar. Get with the programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

/me chucks a horsechestnut in Sunflowrs open gob and watch him choke on the green spikes.

Are there still horsechestnuts to be had in the Ghetto Quarter?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Vegeta wrote: »
    To me if you call a persons post idiotic you call their point of view (which is what they put in a post afterall) on a particular subject idiotic. So your view is of similar quality to an idiot's. To me that's personal, cheesdude felt the same way as I am sure others do.
    My perspective on this (bearing in mind I've often been accused of over-moderating Politics): if someone calls someone else an idiot on Politics, I'll pull them up on it. If someone describes someone else's post as idiotic, that's fair game.

I've been known to say stupid things. That doesn't make me stupid. (Quiet, down the back.)

• Advertisement

Are there still horsechestnuts to be had in the Ghetto Quarter?

Sunflower you seem to think that is the thunderdome, you are in sys but this is not the forum you are looking for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement