Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harshness...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Sunflower you seem to think that is the thunderdome, you are in sys but this is not the forum you are looking for.

Come again, howabout practicing what you're trying to preach!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

And your obsession with me is starting to freak me out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Dudess wrote: »
    And your obsession with me is starting to freak me out...

Could be you have got your first stalker ...

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Seriously, Sonnenblumen: have you ever contributed anything of value to the Feedback forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have had my religious beliefs called silly and several other things on this site and have not felt the need to pm anyone telling them to fúck off and earn myself a site ban.

Even the level at which cheesedude is trying to provoke me I still have the cop on to not break the site rules and be personally abusive to him.

This site is based on the exchange if ideas and opinions and you can not get your knickers in a twist when someone thinks that your idea or your opinions don't hold water or are idiotic and expresses it in a civil fashion.

This is not the personal issues section...just because people bully you on the internet and your confidence is shot from it, that is not my problem...what is my problem is the fact you have called me an idiot when i was expressing something which i felt was not fair, provoked me with your pathetic nerd cards and are insisting that I should be banned...

You are not a leader and you are not displaying leadership qualities...no qualities in fact...all you are trying to do is provoke me.

Bottom line: I was called an idiot...i got annoyed, i told the person to **** themself, suffered the consequence, come in here and as you can see from the thread of so called moderators, have been provoked beyond belief....but don't worry, i'll sleep brilliantly tonight because this does not affect me as a human or my confidence levels...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

But you are and idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

cheesedude wrote: »
    This is not the personal issues section...just because people bully you on the internet and your confidence is shot from it, that is not my problem...

Boy what a delusional post, I don't that 'issue' at all, it sounds more like you have that issue.
    what is my problem is the fact you have called me an idiot when i was expressing something which i felt was not fair, provoked me with your pathetic nerd cards and are insisting that I should be banned...

A person posting on a internet forum called some one a nerd.... oh the irony...

I did not call you an idiot and I have not been insulting you it is not like I told you to go suck my cóck !

...no qualities in fact...

Oh noes some one how posts on the internet and was silly enough to get site banned things I have no qualities, I am cut to the quick. :rolleyes:
    Bottom line: I was called an idiot...i got annoyed, i told the person to **** themself, suffered the consequence, come in here and as you can see from the thread of so called moderators, have been provoked beyond belief....but don't worry, i'll sleep brilliantly tonight because this does not affect me as a human or my confidence levels...

If that is the case then stop posting in this thread.

Winters wrote: »
    But you are and idiot.

Yeah good man

Boy what a delusional post, I don't that 'issue' at all, it sounds more like you have that issue.

A person posting on a internet forum called some one a nerd.... oh the irony...

I did not call you an idiot and I have not been insulting you it is not like I told you to go suck my cóck !

Oh noes some one how posts on the internet and was silly enough to get site banned things I have no qualities, I am cut to the quick. :rolleyes:

If that is the case then stop posting in this thread.

Your boring me. Good night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Sunflower you seem to think that is the thunderdome, you are in sys but this is not the forum you are looking for.

Did you do a jedi wave when you posted that?

;)

Cheesedude, sometimes it's better to be thought a fool and all that...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

No offence mate, but i believe i had to ban you from Fitness for a very similar incident, only you decided to insult the person within the thread on that occasion.

So for all your talk of not letting the internet effect you it seems to happen regardless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Faceman is right, as usual.

This thread makes no-one look good. The cheese bloke has admitted he was wrong, and he was.

He was called an idiot by mods and others. You can debate the semantics, but that's what happened.

It's a pretty cringeworthy thread to read. I only read it to the end because it was too awful to stop reading.
    I guess feedback has been heading this way for a while though.

Mind you, surely adults shouldn't be getting this stressed at being told to go **** yourself, or being called an idiot, or being called a bad parent by strangers?

Going into your PMs and finding one that says "Go **** yourself" is not traumatising, but it's not pleasant.

tallaght01 wrote: »
    This thread makes no-one look good.
    Not even me? :(
    The cheese bloke has admitted he was wrong, and he was.
    On that we can agree, but I'd hardly say he accepted anything with a good grace.
    He was called an idiot by mods and others. You can debate the semantics, but that's what happened.
    Did you read my contribution where I outlined the difference between calling someone an idiot and describing what they say as idiotic?

That said, I think cheesedude's approach to this thread has been pretty idiotic. I'd also say it does make him look like something of an idiot (in the colloquial, generally understood sense of the word (and yes, I'm aware that I just crossed a line of my my own making)).
    Mind you, surely adults shouldn't be getting this stressed at being told to go **** yourself, or being called an idiot, or being called a bad parent by strangers?
    Seems to me cheesedude was the only one getting stressed by the whole episode, as evidenced by the PM that started all this, and reinforced by most of his contributions to this thread. dudess very correctly brought an abusive PM to the attention of the relevant authorities; abuse by PM is not acceptable. I didn't notice anyone getting stressed about being called a bad parent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Not even me?

Did you read my contribution where I outlined the difference between calling someone an idiot and describing what they say as idiotic?

Yea, I read it, but that doesn't mean it's right ;)

I wasn't really referring to you though.

You did, of course, come over very well in the thread :-P

Dragan wrote: »
    So for all your talk of not letting the internet effect you it seems to happen regardless?

It bothers me online...but that's as far as it goes, once i press the little X button to close the browser...i'm relaxed.

Seriously, Sonnenblumen: have you ever contributed anything of value to the Feedback forum?

Sorry but my value is not free. Besides it's damn difficult given the prevailing preciousness and self importance that many allude to, especially around here. On occasions I've sought clarity/redress on some issues and have encountered idiotic postings/abuse from some quarters (typically mods) and have gladly responded in kind.

But if there is to be a Value Open Day, well I'll join the queue. How about yourself ? Benchmarks are few and far around here, so I don't expect it to be too difficult.

If you have any more questions, why don't we start a competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Sonnenblumen, what percentage of your posts would you say have been made in the feedback forum? Where else do you post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Not even me? :(

Hey there sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

6th wrote: »
    Sonnenblumen, what percentage of your posts would you say have been made in the feedback forum? Where else do you post?

Quantity does not equate to quality, look how many posts you some people have..... :D

• Advertisement

rb_ie wrote: »
    Bit OTT considering it was quite mild.

In fairness this is coming from the guy that called Le Rack a clapped out whore in need of a solid suicide attempt.

Sorry but my value is not free.

...self importance...
    Boston wrote: »
    Hey there sexy.
    /me blows Boston a kiss.

oleras wrote: »
    Quantity does not equate to quality, look how many posts you some people have..... :D

Looks like its "Voodoo time" .... ;)

blows Boston

Well aren't you a friendly fellow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Looks like its "Voodoo time" .... ;)

Runs and hides the chicken feet..........

I've no idea and care even less but why should it matter?

In fairness this is coming from the guy that called Le Rack a clapped out whore in need of a solid suicide attempt.
    The Le Rack hate thread is no more. After over two years, it has been closed by Ruu. For a Thunderdome thread to be closed is quite an indication of how vicious it was.

Le Rack thread? This came up in polite conversation on the weather forum.

I've no idea and care even less but why should it matter?

Well you come across as an enthusiastic amateur whinger ... seriously if theres so much you dont like about Boards then why use it?

• Advertisement

Le Rack thread? This came up in polite conversation on the weather forum.
    Yeah, I was wondering why the rb_ie comment to Le Rack you quoted was so uncharacteristically civilised...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement