Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom support ? ?

Options
  • 02-11-2007 4:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭

I called eircom today to ask if there was any news my broadband sittuation, or lack of, kinda knew myself the line has been failing because the exchange is not DSL enabled,(Patrickswell) but since it was on the "magic 100 list" to be done by year end and there has been a lot of vans coming and going from the exchange for the last few weeks i had assumed the sales staff may have had a deffinate date and might be taking advance orders.

Anyways, i call the BB sales and explain to the operator that i am not currently with eircom but can he check my line for BB, he says sure, i give him the number and he tells me its failing, (yeah i know !) He then goes on to tell me that because i have a provider other than eircom its not that reliable, the line test..... that if i had them as my provider there was a good chance i could pass. I asked him if i changed back to eircom would they lay new copper, hell, as your at it stick some fibre in the ground baby ! He told me it had nothing to do with the wires, it was down to the provider.I asked had it anything to do with the fact the exchange is not DSL enabled yet ???

Now, im no watty, but i know thats a load of horse dodo. Do eircom train there staff to tell porkies or do these agents just pick information from the sky and assemble it whatever way suits them on the day ? They really need to get there act together.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

One word springs to mind. Monopoly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

ian_m wrote: »
    One word springs to mind. Monopoly

And where would i get the time to play Monopoly Ian ? besides, you need Broadband....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭JMURPHY3

Eircom giving support and useful help.....pah...dats a joke:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There sales staff, sales staff generally lie or bend the truth in order to make that sale so they get comission,

Some will out right lie and others are just clueless and think their talking to customers who don't have a clue,

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Firstly.. i understand that alot of people hold eircom in the lowest regard....Especially their attitude toward sales and support. But The fact that you ring up asking for broadband while knowing the exchange is not enabled and assuming that you have seen ALOT OF EIRCOM VANS in the area doesn't necessarily mean your line is enabled.

The main question is ARE you going to change back to eircom on the basis of this very obviously untrue statement from the salesman. If so...more fool you....if not....stop leaving posts about stuff people already know about.. If you want to vent go outside and count the eircom vans cause frankly im f**kin sick of listenin to the same old record recited in a different cirly pre-pubescent tone.

you dont like eircom...not many people do.

Get over it....Either way..Why would you get broadband with them in the first place... Apparently they touch kids at night!!!

• Advertisement

you lads were really burning the midnight oil......
    posting at 3 - 5 am ......
    Oleras your chances of getting broadband are as likely as JMURPHY3 getting laid

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

briantwin wrote: »
    Firstly.. i understand that alot of people hold eircom in the lowest regard....Especially their attitude toward sales and support. But The fact that you ring up asking for broadband while knowing the exchange is not enabled and assuming that you have seen ALOT OF EIRCOM VANS in the area doesn't necessarily mean your line is enabled.

The main question is ARE you going to change back to eircom on the basis of this very obviously untrue statement from the salesman. If so...more fool you....if not....stop leaving posts about stuff people already know about.. If you want to vent go outside and count the eircom vans cause frankly im f**kin sick of listenin to the same old record recited in a different cirly pre-pubescent tone.

you dont like eircom...not many people do.

Get over it....Either way..Why would you get broadband with them in the first place... Apparently they touch kids at night!!!

briantwin, thanks for the very helpful post, :rolleyes:

Its plain and simple the agent lied or bent the truth in order to make a sale, while the OP didn't fall for it I'm sure plenty people do and its a case of Eircom using there monopoly to try and make sales and this isn't something Comreg would be happy about.

As for the OP talking about Eircom, he's free to do so and if you don't like that then I'd recommend you don't read this thread again :)

Look i know the agent he was talking to was bending the truth as does any sales man who tries to sell you anything. The fact of the matter is...you go to a car showroom, a car salesman comes up to you. tells you that this car is for you. You have to buy it. this is not the truth its his ploy at getting you to buy a car. Also he said you may get a green for your broadband not you most definitely will, so sign on the dotted line.

The fact of the matter is that seeing as this OP knows he was being lied to, and is infuriated enough to post about it online wouldn't it make sense to take the sales agents name. Contact comreg..issue the sales persons name to them. The time of the call and the content of the call.

I think we've all learned that sitting on boards.ie and bitching about the sales methods of a Monopoly like eircom gets people nowhere.

Go to a different provider if it pains you SO SO SO SO much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

briantwin wrote: »
    Look i know the agent he was talking to was bending the truth as does any sales man who tries to sell you anything. The fact of the matter is...you go to a car showroom, a car salesman comes up to you. tells you that this car is for you. You have to buy it. this is not the truth its his ploy at getting you to buy a car. Also he said you may get a green for your broadband not you most definitely will, so sign on the dotted line.

The fact of the matter is that seeing as this OP knows he was being lied to, and is infuriated enough to post about it online wouldn't it make sense to take the sales agents name. Contact comreg..issue the sales persons name to them. The time of the call and the content of the call.

I think we've all learned that sitting on boards.ie and bitching about the sales methods of a Monopoly like eircom gets people nowhere.

Go to a different provider if it pains you SO SO SO SO much.

What makes you think i was infuriated ?

All i am doing is backing up, and hopefully making some people aware eircom lie, and as for "cirly pre-pubescent tone".....i giggled !!

bad customer service, be it in the BB sector or anyother walk of life need not be the norm, and maybe sitting on boards and bitching about the monopoly may get people somewhere, it worked for the 3 broadband issue.

As for "go to a different provider" , did you even read what i wrote ?

Also, your analogy about buying a car is akin to not being able to testdrive it, salesman telling you its fine, signing for it and finding out it wont even get passed first gear.

I do have the salespersons name by the way.......;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭JMURPHY3

Never say never briantwin, I can live in hope:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I've deleted your spam once before in this thread, eircomsupport, this time you're banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement