Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus ST Insurance

Options
  • 02-11-2007 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,
    Does anyone know where to get the cheapest car insurance for the Focus ST. 2.5 litre petrol. 31 years old. Male. 5 years no claims bonus. Can anyone help..
    Thanks....:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭CarLover

Have you tried anywhere yet? What quotes were you getting?

Try FBD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

The Snake wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone know where to get the cheapest car insurance for the Focus ST. 2.5 litre petrol. 31 years old. Male. 5 years no claims bonus. Can anyone help..
    Thanks....:confused:

I paid 1000 euro fully comp with AXA. Mazda 3 (2.3L 260bhp) with 5 years ncb also. Im 30 and have a full licence for 5 years. Didnt really do a whole lot of shopping around tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 The Snake

Have been checking on line alright... Best so far is with insure.ie
    E/Star Motor for €860.... Seems a great quote but just said I'd check anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Zoot

You should also try AA Insurance, they're a broker, on (01) 6179950.

They'll take your details, check out the options and let you know the best quote they can get you.

Have been using them for a few years now and they have consistently got lower quotes for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

€860 sounds very reasonable to me for an ST...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Quotes from websites are generally alright if you insurning your average run of the mill car. But for anthing that is not ordinary you are better off ringing the insurance companies themselves.

To be honest I think €860 is a good quote on such a car, just confirm the details with them again to be sure they have not made an error.

Also try St. Paul's or Britton Insurance, they tend to be a bit more friendly towards hot hatches and the likes. Though you might have to contact them through a broker.

Just got a new quote of €792 off a broker for AIG... Happy with that.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Zoot wrote: »
    You should also try AA Insurance, they're a broker, on (01) 6179950.

They'll take your details, check out the options and let you know the best quote they can get you.

Have been using them for a few years now and they have consistently got lower quotes for me.

Ive been using these guys for the past 2 years and they have pi**ed all over any other quote I was given elsewhere so defo give them a whirl and see what they say.

Just got a quote off the AA... €1282...:(.. Nowhere near AIG €792.... Some difference.. By the way Hibernian €2400.:eek:.... AIG all the way...:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

€792 is excellent. I had an ST insured with St. Paul Travelers. Cost about €1000 at the time.

• Advertisement

€703... Best quote so far.... Better get the car now!!

Advertisement