Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating the leaving cert

Options
  • 02-11-2007 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Just wondering could anyone give us a bit of advice on something that's been troubling. My situation is:

I did the leaving cert this year and got 440 points and so was fairly damn happy with my results. During the year I hadn't really much of a clue what I wanted to do and so intended on doing an arts degree. I had put down primary teaching as my number 1, and at the time would have liked to have got it but to be 100% honest wasn't really pushed one way or the other as arts sounded like a course that I would enjoy. And so when I didn't get it I was quite happy to go off to UCD to do english and history. However, since even the first week I've felt that it isn't the course for me and that I'd love to be doing primary teaching. The points for primary teaching were 450 this year, and I'm very confident had I repeated I would get that many points. My brother repeated and he went up by 70 points, and he said that I should definately do it. I was just wondering would it be sensible to go back and repeat at this late stage? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,933 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Well you'd have to catch up on English but repeats are left to do that by themselves in their own time anyway so i can't see why not...and if ya do history, the documents book is different to last year. I think that's it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

what subjects are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,933 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

English, Irish, French, Accounting, History and Biology.
    I dropped Maths...

Advertisement