Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

L-plates, what percentage of learners actually wear them?

Options
  • 02-11-2007 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

I've noticed on visits down the country that I'm seeing a LOT more cars with L-plates. Now assuming the ratio of learners is roughly even nationwide this must mean there a large number of provisional drivers not wearing L-plates in Dublin.

Thinking about it, most of the provisional drivers I know don't wear them.

Is there plans to start enforcing the rule with the other provisional licence changes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

A lot of people don't use them, or have just the red L which is harder to spot (and also illegal) I know of a couple of people who specifically take them down when they drive into Dublin because they get hassled a lot more with them on the car. Take them down and they have a much more peaceful time driving around the city. Not that I condone not using them - I used them all the time when I was learning - but it's a shame that they feel the need to do this. There is already a fine for not displaying them, but it's difficult to enforce as you're unlikely to uncover it unless they're stopped at a checkpoint for licences or are stopped for doing something else wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

L plates are not fashionable I am lead to believe

Advertisement