Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online retailers and good prices

• 02-11-2007 10:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hey Folks!

Has anyone got any online retailers with good prices for Sony LCD TVs?
    Exact model im looking for is either 46X3500 or maybe 52X3500.
    Many of the UK stores wont ship to Ireland.
    Ive seen technikdirekt.de and obviously Komplett.ie both offer keen prices are there any others? as I have seen the 46X3500 for €2600 compared to say Komplett.ie 3300 for same screen so there must be some out there that can ship to Ireland?? as the store with the 46 for €2600 dont ship international :(

Any links appreciated
    Thanks!
    Nick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

It seems UK online suppliers are about 30% cheaper in many cases in comparison to Komplett etc. When you take the hideous shipping costs into consideration (€150+) there's not a lot between Komplett and the local shops. Does anyone know what the situation is in Northern Ireland wrt TV prices? Is let's say Dixon's in the North 30% cheaper than it is here? Anyone know of a chain in the UK/NI that do decent online prices with the option to pick up in store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

been in contact with electrical123.com and they will ship to any address within uk including a courier service.thinking of getting them to ship to a courier in ni and get them to send it to me then.

just looked at there website and they will only ship to mainland uk not ni.they are in leeds but deliver all products free.must try to find out how much it would cost for a uk courier to deliver it to ireland

[edit]
    just checked a courier and i put in dimensions of 32 inch sony lcd and price to deliver to ireland was 37.91 + vat.taking vat as 13.5%(services)so that comes to 43 sterling which is 61 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Maybe not Sony, but they have an offer in Currys in Newry at the moment for below packages:

Panasonic TH-42PZ70B
    + Stand
    + Panasonic DMR-EZ27 DVD Recorder w/1080p upscaling

1299 GBP

or

Panasonic TH-42PZ70B
    + Panasonic SC-PT450EB-K Home Cinema System

1399 GBP

The Panny itself is 1199 GBP at the moment. The shop is 5 mins drive from the border. No hassle with deliveries from the mainland etc, and even if you compare prices:

Komplett -> TH-42PY70 -> 1614 EUR + 170 EUR cheapest delivery to IE
    Curry's -> TH-42PZ70B -> ~ 1725 EUR
    Curry's -> TH-42PZ70B + Stand + DVD 1080p Recorder -> ~1870 EUR

I am not aware of any better offer for this TV on this Island.
    Is anyone?

EDIT: I'm getting the set with the stand and the DVD upscaling recorder, anyone fancy the DVD itself? I'll be getting a separate full Home Cinema kit. I'll let the DVD (DMR-EZ27, black) go for, let's say, 170 EUR.

--
    Regards,
    Winger,
    Maynooth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Check www.directtvs.co, a friend reccommended them to me. Their shipping to ROI is a bit vague though, might require a phone call

http://www.directtvs.co.ukleft out the .uk

thanks for this mattkid.just had a quick look and will be thinking of purchasing sony bravia 32d3000u from them.I have found it very difficult up to now to find a uk online retailer to ship to ireland.maybe we could compile a list cause there seems to be only a handful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Their delivery info implies that they only send TV's up to a certain size to Ireland. I guess their courier can only handle up to let's say 32kg's.

http://www.ajelectronics.co.uk/ claim to ship much anything to Ireland. As ever you're looking at €150+ for the shipping of a large TV.

Anyways, when it was all said and done I didn't really see much of a saving online for the TV's I were looking at so bought locally instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭trabpc

ill take you DMR-EZ27 for €140 cash can collect monday if suits

Advertisement