Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M1911 - 3 shots from one fill of gas

Options
  • 02-11-2007 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

OK, maybe I'm doing something wrong as I have no experiece with gas pistols, but...

I recently bought a WE M1911 from Eirsoft.ie and it had two problems. First is that the little catch that holds the slide back when the clip is empty wasn't doing it's job. Secondly, I was only getting 2-3 shots from a fill of gas.

Shiva replaced it with a shiny new M1911 (thanks) and that fixed the slide problem. However, I still only get 2-3 shots from a fill of gas.

I'm using Ultrair green gas bought from BFSL/MIA (OMG, I just realised I still haven't paid Derek for that..I forgot). Anyhow, I hold the nozzle in the mag for about 10-15 seconds. I figured that should be enough to fill the mag, or does it take longer?

The fact that this has happened with 2 different M1911's makes me think it's something stupid that I'm doing, so feel free to offer advice/help and throw in some 'newbie' insults as well :D

Thanks everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

are you holding the mag upside down when you fill it? or right way up? it should be held upside down

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Markspi

I am actually having a similar problem with the 1911
    The slide doesnt stay bach when mag is empty.

I stripped her siliconed every bit of her , but still does the same thing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah it defo has to be held upside down,.,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

3-5 seconds I thought was enough to fill a mag.
    From the sounds of things its like the gas is escapeing when you pull the trigger
    or for some reason its not getting any gas when you try and fill it.

My mags are starting to leak when I fill them now. And I noticed I am
    only getting to fire 1 mag maybe even less from a fill of gas. 134a or propane.
    It could be the weather getting cold.

The Slide not coming back when the mag is empty happens to me sometimes
    with my two pistols.

One reason is that if there is not enough gas in the mag towards the last round
    it may not be blowing the slide back 100% it may only go back nearly all the way
    but not enough for it to lock back when the mag is empty.

Try loading only 1 or 2 BB's in a fully gas charged mag and if it locks back fine when the mag is empty then thats the problem.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

OK, maybe I'm doing something wrong as I have no experiece with gas pistols, but...

I recently bought a WE M1911 from Eirsoft.ie and it had two problems. First is that the little catch that holds the slide back when the clip is empty wasn't doing it's job. Secondly, I was only getting 2-3 shots from a fill of gas.

Shiva replaced it with a shiny new M1911 (thanks) and that fixed the slide problem. However, I still only get 2-3 shots from a fill of gas.

I'm using Ultrair green gas bought from BFSL/MIA (OMG, I just realised I still haven't paid Derek for that..I forgot). Anyhow, I hold the nozzle in the mag for about 10-15 seconds. I figured that should be enough to fill the mag, or does it take longer?

The fact that this has happened with 2 different M1911's makes me think it's something stupid that I'm doing, so feel free to offer advice/help and throw in some 'newbie' insults as well :D

Thanks everyone.
    Had the same problem. The spring in the mag is loosing power. That little nub you use to pull it down when loading, is the one that engages the slide lock. The slide lock is held in place by a sprin loaded brace between the safety and the slide lock. If you want it to consistantly lock, you need to pass a file over this a couple of times. If your out in HRTA tomorrow morning I'll show you the pin you have to file down. 5 seconds with a file, and job done.

Be aware, it might cause it to lock open intermittantly when you are on your second last BB, as the spring is fully extended at that time. Make sure it really is empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Thanks everyone.

FYI, the slide issue is fixed with the new 1911 that Shiva gave me. That perhaps didnt come across in my post.

I wasn't holding the mag upside down when filling it, so I guess that's the problem. I'll test later today and post the result.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

Thanks everyone.

N00b!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Everything 100% ok now. Filling the mag upside down did the trick.

That's what I get for not reading the chinese manual...

Advertisement