Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Defect issues still in circulation?

• 02-11-2007 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭

I'm just wondering, thinking about getting an 360 but do not like the idea of having to send it away. Have the new 360's being put into circulation in Ireland? Also anyone know of any good offers at the moment? Don't have a whole load of cash at the moment but i'm being tempted.

I'm being tempted between 360 and PS3 (won't start another thread on which) but i've never had a playstation, had the Xbox, so don't know why I'd go over to the darkside now. Could someone tell me the cost of Xbox live as well?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,259 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

There is a fundemental flaw in the design of the 360, and ALL 360s are liable to over-heat. The new ones are apparently less likely, but there is still the chance, as the internal architecture of the machine (which is what causes the problems) is still pretty much the same.

Live costs €60 a year.

360 is the better of the two consoles (360/PS3) in my opinion, but its poor reliability and MS's crappy efforts at repairs put me off buying games for it (Would love to play Orange Box, but don't want to buy it for the 360 cause i feel my machine is likely to break any day now, for instance)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

The new "falcon" 360's have the same 95nm GPU, but I think they have an improved copper heatsink, some time next year they'll be releasing the reduced 65nm GPU's, so hopefully this will alleviate some more of the heat issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

put your hand at the back of a 360 where the fan is and feel the heat. its scary :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

There is a good deal from argus atm, details on the Bargain Alert forum.
    New models are a lot less likely to overheat and live can be got online for about €40 if you are lucky.

• Advertisement
Advertisement