Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vitek (Decapitated drummer) has died.

• 02-11-2007 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭

It has been confirmed (from derekroddy.com) that Vitek from Decapitated has died following the bus crash which seriously injured himself and vocalist Covan earlier in the week.

I for one am completely stunned. The man was a beast behind the kit. One of the few modern technical bands I really like.

RIP.

:(

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Never really got into them,but all the same RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Was reading about this earlier. It's really tragic :( He was an amazing drummer. R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Alucard II

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

OH MY GOD! He owned the drums whenever he was behind them. How old was he? RIP :(
    EDIT: According to another forum, and a guy on it who has connections said this "Just spoke to Earache and this is definitely not confirmed. Fingers crossed that it's just the usual internet bull****."
    Its not on the official site other so fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

CyberWaste wrote: »
    How old was he? RIP :(
    EDIT

23 I think,still only a young fella,and a great career ahead of him by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

R.I.P. Was never a big fan of theirs, but I find it heartwarming that they were a group of friends that wanted to be in a death band since the age of 14. This is such a tragedy

edit -> Wikipedia shows that he has died too. Somebody must have been very fast to get that edited. If earache still haven't confirmed it, the page might be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

It has been officially confirmed now. It's up on Blabbermouth, Myspace and Amon Amarth have also confirmed it.
    Very saddened by this. Seems surreal when I think back to when I first found out that he was only about 13 when he recorded their first demo...
    Will be giving their albums a spin when I get home for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Just read about this on MI :(

See here too: http://earache.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

It ain't up on their official site yet????

WTF????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

crap, that's nasty, decapitated are a great band. i cant believe it :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

yeah the official statement is out, also the singer, (who is still unstable in hospital) his parents released a statement too.

I for one am devastated, big fan. vitek was arguably the best death metal drummer in recent years and before.

the lads in my band (bad time for a plug but : Red Enemy) met them and hung out with him for the night, he was a gent as well as an animal!

R.I.P.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Jesus that is terrible... Went to see Decapitated a number of times when they were playing the Voodoo. Great band, and Vitek was an amazing drummer. One of THE up and coming drummers. So sad to hear that he has lost his life at such an early age, he was pure talent on the drums and one of the best out there. I'm kind of lost for anything else to say other than I give my condolences to his family and friends. It must be awful for them to lose such a young talented man...

R.I.P. Vitek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

god i was gutted when i heard the news, decapitated are my fave death/tech band ever and viteks drumming was a big part of there sound.Gutted that i missed the train to cork to watch em a year ago. RIP VITEK!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah its sad when anyone dies, especially in those kind of circumstances, But we have to try and find the positives out of these kinda things. For me its the fact that I have now found another great band. I have heard a few Decapitated songs before, but never took much notice. Now I have listened to the songs properly I have to say I really like them ( although the more recent vocal style does nothing for me I have to say.) .

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

RIP, love Decapitated. Pissed off I never got to see him in action. Sympathies for the other guys, haven't they been playing together since they were knee-high?

yup since they were 14, well apart from covan, hes the new singer who replaced sauran who stopped being in the band cause of some health condition if im not mistaken.

The worst thing is that covan is still in critical so the worst might yet be to come.

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, just said that id post an update from the decapitated myspace:
    DECAPITATED – exclusive rebirth UK tour, announce new members!!
    Polish tech death metal masters DECAPITATED are finally back with a vengeance! After the band had to suffer tragic losses during the past two years, the last remaining founding member Vogg managed to put together a whole new line-up that will represent DECAPITATED anno 2010 as powerful and brutal as they were ever before.

To open that new chapter, DECAPITATED will embark on a co-headlining UK tour with fellow label mates KATAKLYSM in February 2010!

Commented Vogg: „Hello, what’s up UK!! I am really happy to announce this short message for all DECAPITATED fans: As you all know, 2 years after the tragedies we had to suffer, I decided to continue the band. There’s no sense in stopping this amazing thing we built up so many years ago together with Witek, Sauron, Martin and Covan. We chose to do our first tour in the UK because we have only good memories from this place and we are sure that you guys will support us… we need you!! I am very pleased to announce the new killer line-up of DECAPITATED: Kerim „Krimh“ Lechner on Drums – he’s a new blood, very talented and used to play in bands like THORNS OF IVY and TONE INTIMACY, amazing Rafał Piotrowski comes from bands like KETHA and FORGOTTEN SOULS and will take over vocal duties, where masterous Filip “Heinrich” Hałucha from VESENIA, ROOTWATER, UNSUN and MASACHIST will be destroying the bass!

See you all soon! We honestly can’t wait!

Vogg / DECAPITATED”

DECAPITATED / KATAKLYSM

01 Feb - UK - Birmingham - 02 Academy 2

02 Feb - UK - Glasgow - Ivory Blacks

03 Feb - UK - Manchester - Moho Live

04 Feb - UK - Bristol - Blerkeller

05 Feb - UK - Reading - Sub89

06 Feb - UK - Leeds - Rios

07 Feb - UK - Wrexham - Central Station

08 Feb - UK - London - 02 Academy Islington*

* without Kataklysm

I dunno about anyone else in here but im tempted to head across the pond to check them out. I believe the new members are defiantly the best possible replacements out there and im glad to see the return of one of the most exciting death metal bands out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

i can't believe that an entire thread is on this when the rev dies and nothing is said!!!! wtf im not saying this guy does not derserve it but yano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

i can't believe that an entire thread is on this when the rev dies and nothing is said!!!! wtf im not saying this guy does not derserve it but yano

Make a thread...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Patricide wrote: »
    Sorry for resurrecting this thread, just said that id post an update from the decapitated myspace:

I dunno about anyone else in here but im tempted to head across the pond to check them out. I believe the new members are defiantly the best possible replacements out there and im glad to see the return of one of the most exciting death metal bands out there.

Great band, and normally I'd be very tempted to head over to this, but gotta cut back on gig trips this year, have enough lined up already.......if you do head over let us know how if goes..........pity they didn't include an Irish date, but I think there will be less and less underground shows coming here, seems to be a lot more 5-6 band Tours poping up not for Euro treks....

• Advertisement

The rev was a fantastic drummer. If he wasnt in a band that focused as much on there eyeliner as they did on there music he probably would have been a bit more respected.

Comparing him to vitek though is absurd....like i said the rev was insane but Vitek was a drumming GOD.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

This thread is over a year old too, I don't think this is quite the place to debate this..

Advertisement