Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice resturant

Options
  • 02-11-2007 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, Im looking for a nice restuarant to take my girlfriend for her birthday on saturday night, any recomendations for the city area? Im living in D1 but cant think of any, Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

What type food?
    What's your budget?

Let us know, and we'll try and match them up.
    By the way, if it's this Sat, you may have left it far too late to get a booking to a nice place!!!

Have a look over at the Food & Drink forum - there's a restautant guide there.

www.menupages.ie is another good site

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Not fussy about the food but chinese or italian would be top of her list, budget is no problem either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Whats the budget?

200 Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Da Vincenzo on Upper Leeson Street is very nice and romantic... I was there only last Saturday. Great wine list too.

http://www.menupages.ie/Restaurants/Da_Vincenzo.aspx

I'm also a big fan of El Bahia. If you're willing to give Morrocan food a go.

http://www.menupages.ie/Restaurants/El_Bahia_Moroccan_Restaurant.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

have a look at www.menupages.ie. tis good.

Cheers for the replys, Ive settled on noble house on Dame street, Chinese Restaurant, seems nice, Thanks again folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 conordean

If you want another great Chinese Restaurant, you should try 'Abacus' on Parnell St. just off O'Connell Street. It's only new and it's the nicest restaurant i've ever been in. Unbelievable food and a full bar. It's very classy and very romantic which would suit what you're looking for.

conordean wrote: »
    If you want another great Chinese Restaurant, you should try 'Abacus' on Parnell St. just off O'Connell Street. It's only new and it's the nicest restaurant i've ever been in. Unbelievable food and a full bar. It's very classy and very romantic which would suit what you're looking for.

hmmm, I may pop in at lunch time to have a look. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

dancor wrote: »
    Cheers for the replys, Ive settled on noble house on Dame street, Chinese Restaurant, seems nice, Thanks again folks.

Go to Kingsland two doors down from it.
    It's a far superiour Chinese!!

Your girlfriend would think better of you for it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 conordean

I've been to both Kingsland and Abacus, and Abacus definitely takes the biscuit or prawn crackers in this case. It's open from 5 I think each day and you won't find better. I went there for my anniversary about a month ago and my wife couldn't have been happier.

It's very fancy and there was a great atmosphere, so it's great for someone special!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Try Saba if you really want to impress her. Thai/Vietnamese, really interesting food, great cocktails and a lively fun atmosphere.

http://www.sabadublin.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

With a 200 euro budget try Chapter1. You will definitely get Brownie points. Its on Parnell Square and they do a taster menu and an early bird.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

conordean wrote: »

Overpriced dump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Cant go wrong with a nice french restaurant :)

Chez Macs or L'Guelueton

Both very nice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Noble House is fine. Have the Crispy Chilli Beef.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Degsy wrote: »
    Overpriced dump.

jeez, degsy, have anything nice to say about anything or anyone?

anyway, you try the Ceder Tree on Andrews Street, really nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Not exactly original though is it? Nothing in there you can't get from a takeaway.
    Don't get me wrong I love a good Chinese but I certainly wouldn't be bringing someone there for a special occasion. For my two cents I'd recommend the Bistro in Castlemarket - nice mid range restaurant

Ive settled on noble house on Dame street.

I changed my mind, I went to Abacus and thought it was really nice looking, So I booked there for tonight, I hope the food matches the looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Peteer

I changed my mind, I went to Abacus and thought it was really nice looking, ......
    How did you get on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 M for Mystery

Good pick for a chinese restaurant.

Another website that has many restaurants, free dining vouchers, cmopetitions etc is http://www.findarestaurant.ie.

Peteer wrote: »
    How did you get on?

Abacus was really nice, Portions were tiny though for the price you pay, e18 for chicken curry, the girlfriend asked for chips and I think in total she got 10 on the plate. Other than that the service was excelent and it was a lovely place, Food was brilliant too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

lightening wrote: »
    Try Saba if you really want to impress her. Thai/Vietnamese, really interesting food, great cocktails and a lively fun atmosphere.

http://www.sabadublin.com/
    I was there on Friday. Good spot. Really busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

I cant recommend Fire on Dawson St. enough. Fantastic venue, fantastic food or Trocadero

Advertisement