Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs and Relegation

Options
  • 02-11-2007 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭

So here we are after 11 games and 7 points. Some would say we don't deserve to be here - others would argue that we are about right.

We probably have a mid-table squad and I would not be surprised to find Spurs there come the end of the season. However can anyone see a scenario where we are still in the bottom three mid season?

Can anyone see a scenario where we come out of the New Years games in the bottom three? Anyone think we are now poor enough to be in with a chance of relegation?

Am I just saying what everyone else is thinking?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

NO - Top half team!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I think that given our points tally so far it's going be be very difficult for us to avoid a relegation scrap. Obviously I hope I'm wrong but we've given ourselves a mountain to climb to get ourselves out of it. I still think we'll be safe in the end as there are a lot of rubbish clubs in the bottom half. It's gonna be a long hard 27 games till May.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

In my opinion, we defo wont be involved in a relegation battle for the season. We will get enough points to make sure of that. I cant see us getting top 7 either, too many sides such as city and blackburn are picking up points while we are struggling. A mid-table finish beckons I would have thought. And maybe a cup win :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Hopefully a cup win to get into europe or else 7th which could get us into europe if certain teams win the cups.Heres hoping anyway cant see a relegation battle to be honest too many poor teams in the league for us to go down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

not a chance of spurs being involved in a relegation battle
    we have a very good squad this season that just need to be whipped into shape. a top 7 finish is very do-able. teams like man city and blackburn don't have the legs for the long season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Give the new manager a chance, we will start moving up the table soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

tippspur wrote: »
    Give the new manager a chance, we will start moving up the table soon.
    Just to remind everyone, yes some Patience is needed, BUT we are 14 points (or 5 times we win and they don't to get a European spot) that is a big mountain, and one that gets bigger every time we draw with teams like Middlesbourogh. Wigan is a MUST WIN - we are still in a crisis here, and lets not forget that!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 al25

come on lads dont lose the faith we will finish top half and do well in all cups , just got to get a good defender in at jan and should be fine come on the tots ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I don't think we'll be involved in a relegation battle but I can't see how we're going to be involved in Europe next season. All of the cups are hotly contested, even the Coca-Cola Cup, so we really need to find some form and a proper first 11.

I have faith in Ramos doing a good job though and I hope he instills some confidence in the team as I believe (apart from a poorly organised defence) that's what we're missing.

Advertisement