Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Broadband Settings

Options
  • 02-11-2007 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

Does anyone know what settings magnet use for there broadband. I want to use my own wireless N adsl router. Magnet point blank refuse to give me any of the settings. I really dislike their telsey modem. I cant even find the access IP for the modem never mind the username and password. I dont understand why they dont allow users to know the settings. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Email me if you want (lookinggoodson@gmail.com). Please dont say switch to anther provider as this will take at least 3 weeks and I need my net connection. And to the question why I chose magnet in the first place, well I didnt, it was already active in the house when I rented the house. Catch 22 I think.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

The telsey can be used as a bridge device. Connect your router to it. End of story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lookinggoodson

My ADSL wireless modem is not a wireless gateway so you cannot use it in that way. Its needs a ADSL active phone line in order to route the internet connection to the inbuilt wireless. If I attach it to the telsey modem i dont get any internet connection. I tried.
    Im looking for a way to access the telsey modem, what the modems local IP, username and password.

Any Ideas?

Advertisement