Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Broadband Provider

Options
  • 02-11-2007 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hi,

Moving into my apartment in D8 pretty soon and intending to get in broadband. Will be for general use, downloading music, movies, online gaming etc. Will not require tv package or a phone line if possible.

Any goo recommendations?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

I lived in the D8 area and for the last 2 years i had Smart Broadband, i couldn;t recommend them any higher, i found the speed fantastic, never a problem (if there was it was my own fault :) ) price was great, easy to setup, all you need is an Eircom phone line, then get on to smart and connect, they will change you over to their network, and best of all, there is no download limit (unlike NTL, Eircom etc)

And before youask, no im not a sales rep for Smart, i moved house a few months ago and one of the first things i didn, was get Smart reconected into the new place

hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

D8 here as well. Smart is yer only man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭barrett1965

I'm with Smart too, with a 6MB package for 45 euro per month. I've been with them almost since the start and in that time I've had no problems. I like the no download limit and good speeds.

I don't work for Smart Telecom either.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Thanks all but Smart requires a phone line right? I don't want to get in a phone line as I will be renting with others and that will only increase costs per month.

Smart Wireless?

Just rang Smart and they don't offer wireless, just a wireless modem. So I have to activate my phone line with Eircom and then switch to Smart. What are costs involved here? It's new development, wired for Eircom and Ntl so how much will it cost to activate the line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I have NTL and I would recommend it if you don't want a phone line.

• Advertisement
Advertisement