Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imag!ne

Options
  • 02-11-2007 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

After having numerous problems with eircom (basically wireless not working only cable) and they couldnt sort it out. I am gonna cancel my eircom broadband and go with imagine.

http://www.imagine.ie/dialup/always_on.php

obviosuly it will be a downgarde from 2mbps to 1mbps but is anybody using imagine bb and what is it like. Im just looking for opinions whether its realiable so i dont have any nasty surprises.

I only really use BB for casual family net surfing and xbox live

Thanks for any comments

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Imagine just resell Eircom Wholesales Bit-Stream product, so basically at the end of the day its the exact same equipment and in many respects the same provider providing your brioadband service.

The difference being that now if you have a fault Imagine have to contact Eircom Wholesale in order to resolve the fault instead of Eircom contacting Eircom wholesale :)

Good luck, :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Cabaal wrote: »
    Imagine just resell Eircom Wholesales Bit-Stream product, so basically at the end of the day its the exact same equipment and in many respects the same provider providing your brioadband service.

The difference being that now if you have a fault Imagine have to contact Eircom Wholesale in order to resolve the fault instead of Eircom contacting Eircom wholesale :)

Good luck, :)

cool thanks for that.

you mean the wireless box will be the same as eircoms one i currently have??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

C_Breeze wrote: »
    you mean the wireless box will be the same as eircoms one i currently have??

Not sure which model Imagine ship, but the line itself will basically be the exact same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

Don't change, just request a replacement router and say yours is faulty... it's free.

Eircom = Perlico = BT = Imagine = UTV = etc.

Advertisement