Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth GPS for my Nokia E61i

Options
  • 02-11-2007 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I was looking for some advice on a Bluetooth GPS device for my Nokia E61i, what devices / software would be best.

I was looking at both of the following:

1) Tomtom SRIF III bluetooth GPS module
    2) Nokia Bluetooth GPS Module LD-4W

Does anyone have any experiences of these 2 models or are there any other ones that would be better.

Any help would be most appreciated.;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

I have a QStarz BT-Q1000 Bluetooth GPS travel logger. It works both as a logger (writing the lat/long to it's internal 256MB flash memory every N seconds) and as a normal Bluetooth GPS.

It charges over USB, and lasts in 10-second logging mode for a claimed 32 hours. Bluetooth usage will eat into that 32 hours. On my last long weekend away, it lasted all 3 days with medium BT usage to my K750i and constant logging; but I turned it off whenever it seemed sensible - when we went to lunch for example.

Having downloaded the GPS data, you can then geotag all your photos, which is incredibly handy.

(All this is explained on one of my blog entries.)

All in all I'm very happy with it - it cost around $90 when I bought it. You can get standalone GPSs for maybe double that nowadays, though I'm not sure about the logging aspect of said standalone systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭yak

well mister skeff,

did you decide on a GPS unit as yet? or are you still doing research...

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Have an e61 with Route 66 Mobile 7. Use a Holux 240 GPS receiver bought off eBAY. Works very well.

Advertisement