Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Firm Best ways to get Business

• 02-11-2007 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

We have just set up new accounting/bookkeeping firm. What is the best way to advertise/attract new clients. Any views would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Right about now an ad on the national radio "Special offer, guaranteed turn around for Nov 14th deadline" would probably net you a few clients!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Networking seems to be a properly way of gaining clients.

Advertsing in the local papers, but the normal type of advertising, more of a company profile with contact details.

Profile would include backgrounds of partners and employees, list of services offered, interviews with the partners.

Common practice with local papers to interviews local businesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭seanieclarke

as a business student, i would only have a couple of basic ideas but here it goes.

as kluivert said networking and advertising would be common ways to become better known. put flyers in shops in your area and try and get to know some local business people.

putting ads in papers is a good idea. id advise spending as much money as you can initially on your advertising. it costs firms loads of more money to attract new customers than the cost of hanging on to your existing customers, so if you build up a significant client base at the start you will save money in the longer term. so advertise big initially if your budget allows.

a couple of other suggestions would be sponsorship / getting help from a PR firm.

hope it was a little help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭thecleverone

Sent you a PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Be careful here with advertising as there are certain ethics rules.
    Good idea to ask your institute for help on getting clients re advertising and also they could recommend you some ideas or areas to target.

Top of head suff here - sole traders are big market. Therefore word of mouth or business cards beside the ones in BnQ and Altantic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

Hi Jmull,

I opened my own practice about seven months ago. For me networking was the key to my success so far.

You can look at this in terms of:
    - family and friends network
    - former work colleagues network

I also joined a business network which has been very useful so far - both in terms of fees earned and the support it provides starting off in business myself.

I'm not sure how useful advertising would be - I felt that concentrating on past and present connections was way more beneficial than putting a small ad in a newspaper or magazine....

Good luck with the new venture and feel free to pm me with any more questions

Joe

Advertisement