Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance - change of adress

Options
  • 02-11-2007 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all,

I recently insured my car with quinn as i found them to be by far the cheapest for me. I was living in harolds cross (D6) at the time. I recently moved to ballsbridge (D4). Today I went to register my change of address online and it said there would be an increase i premium of €432. Seems a bit steep to me as I am now living in nicer area with private car park where as before it was on street in not what you'd call a nice area...

Any Ideas...

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Wow! That's a bit much. I moved from Cork where I had on-street parking to D6 with front-yard parking and there was no increase in the premium (insured with RSA through insure.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They proberly just think you're richer now :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

My bro moved to Arklow from dublin and Quinn wanted to charge him an additional amount for about 2 months left. not sure how much they were charging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Noelie wrote: »
    My bro moved to Arklow from dublin and Quinn wanted to charge him an additional amount for about 2 months left. not sure how much they were charging.

about €60, there standard fee for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I'm with Quinn too and when I moved from just off the South Circular back to my folks house on the coombe for a short while my premium didn't change or dropped marginally. I then moved out to Finglas where it went up by €100.

€432 seems pretty steep I have to say. Ring them up and see if they can give you any answers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Moved from Drumcondra to D2 recently for no additional fee, secure parking in both premises though.

FFS they should be refunding you money not trying to charge you more. :confused:

Probably a better off to ring and talk to a customer service rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pbug21

testicle wrote: »
    about €60, there standard fee for everything.

I dont think so.. to move to d14 or other ares is no charge.. 50quid to d24... varies for some places

Advertisement