Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

poor stereo reception

Options
  • 02-11-2007 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Hi folks...
    I've been having some reception promlems in my passat for some time now, I just upgraded the head unit as I wanted USB facility (had to move on from casettes & security card kept falling out).
    Reception is still poor.
    I'm presuming the antena is the problem but I dont feel like pulling down the roof lining to check... I was wondering, the end piece is looking perished with rubber coming off.. would this affect the signal or is it just asthetic?? Can I test the ariel in any way with a DVM ?
    Has anyone advice on removing the B5-Passat headlining ??

Thanks
    bam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

Sounds like its just the Aerial Antenna (Whip). Change it (get one out of a motor factors, they only cost max €10) and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Healyc wrote: »
    Sounds like its just the Aerial Antenna (Whip). Change it (get one out of a motor factors, they only cost max €10) and see what happens.

Yep - do this first before start removing the headlining. Also check the antenna connection at the rear of the stereo and ensure the booster thingy (cylindrical silver thing) that is attached to the antenna cabling is still connected.

Advertisement