Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good gym around Trim/Navan

Options
  • 02-11-2007 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭

As I sit here growing ever fatter, I've decided to try and go back to the gym, as I do miss the times I used to spend there. However, there's not really a great choice in my area that I know of.
    Can anyone suggest a good gym in the Trim/Navan area? I know there is one particular one in Navan which shall remain nameless (large chain, lots of posts appearing in consumer issues, nudge nudge, wink wink), and I've had my own terrible horrible experience, so that particular one is out.

Any other suggestions would be welcome though!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭h0stn0tf0und

In Trim you now have Knightsbrook. A friend has an off peak membership and was saying it's good. The hotel as I'm sure you're aware was still being finished until recently and this was also the case with the gym. At the start there wasnt much equiptment but that has now changed. Best advice would be to go and have a look. There really isnt anything else in Trim unless you want to try curves and that would involve quite a bit of work considering you're a bloke.

In Navan have a look at Bodytrim, Adrian used to be in Trim but moved to Navan just before the boom, worst business decision ever!. I know a few people that go there and the feedback is good on all levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

In Trim you now have Knightsbrook. A friend has an off peak membership and was saying it's good. The hotel as I'm sure you're aware was still being finished until recently and this was also the case with the gym. At the start there wasnt much equiptment but that has now changed. Best advice would be to go and have a look. There really isnt anything else in Trim unless you want to try curves and that would involve quite a bit of work considering you're a bloke.

In Navan have a look at Bodytrim, Adrian used to be in Trim but moved to Navan just before the boom, worst business decision ever!. I know a few people that go there and the feedback is good on all levels.

Cool, thanks. I didnt know there was one in Knightsbrook, thats only a hop and a skip from where I live. I'll pop in this evening, thanks h0stn0tf0und!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I hear that the Trim GAA club are putting a gym into the new clubhouse and that it will be open in the new year. The new public swimming pool will be beside that.

Thanks dixiefly. I'll keep an eye out for that. Knighsbrook looks like a lovely place, but the price of membership is a bit beyond my moth filled wallet at the moment. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Are you m/f? If f, there's Curves, just across the road from the "Steps" pub. Used to go to Bodytrim in Navan, the staff there are lovely and membership is cheaper than the other 2 Navan gyms, only problem is parking. And how about Athboy, one has just opened at the back of the Darnley. Do you want me to PM you the mobile phone no?

• Advertisement

kelle wrote: »
    Are you m/f? If f, there's Curves, just across the road from the "Steps" pub. Used to go to Bodytrim in Navan, the staff there are lovely and membership is cheaper than the other 2 Navan gyms, only problem is parking. And how about Athboy, one has just opened at the back of the Darnley. Do you want me to PM you the mobile phone no?

Yes please. I'm male, so curves is out for me, but if you another number for one in Athboy I'd appreciate if you gave it to me.
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 faber

Archeron wrote: »
    As I sit here growing ever fatter, I've decided to try and go back to the gym, as I do miss the times I used to spend there. However, there's not really a great choice in my area that I know of.
    Can anyone suggest a good gym in the Trim/Navan area? I know there is one particular one in Navan which shall remain nameless (large chain, lots of posts appearing in consumer issues, nudge nudge, wink wink), and I've had my own terrible horrible experience, so that particular one is out.

Any other suggestions would be welcome though!

can i ask what happened? thinking of joining

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭blueovalmk2

dixiefly wrote: »
    I hear that the Trim GAA club are putting a gym into the new clubhouse and that it will be open in the new year. The new public swimming pool will be beside that.

the gym an pool are open at Trim GAA clubhouse,swim an gym 5euro monday to thursday which is reasonable enough me thinks, i keep saying i`ll try it out but never get round to it

faber wrote: »
    can i ask what happened? thinking of joining

I now walk 3 miles a day (average) and have lost 3 stones since I started, turns out I didnt need a gym as much as I thought!
    The new Aura in trim looks nice, but its outside my price range at the moment, so a hearty stroll around Trim or Navan seems to do for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 anonymous123

Hi, I will refresh the thread.

Energie Fitness Navan

Possibly the worst gym I have ever been. Whole place is used and dirty. No one even try to fix the problems and complains of members. The list is very long. Leaking roof is from years and still not fixed. Showers are useless - only very hot or very cold water. Sometimes there is only cold water, as they forget to heat the water.
    I have never seen so many lies from the unprofessional management and staff. The place is not safety, you can rid off your home/car keys or even car easily. One time someone tried to rob my car outside the gym.
    The pool is full of dirt and chlorine. It is good when you want to clean your jewelry only. The new sauna is very small only for 2-3 people max. The steam room - always closed. Equipment is old, used and dirty. They prefer not to fix the machines, a lot of them are out of order.
    Yes, they have a lot of classes - like in other fitness clubs. But the instructors are lazy and especially when is quiet they can cancel your favorite class.
    The membership is very expensive and overpriced comparing to quality of service. I won't recommend this place for anybody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

ultimate zombie thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement