Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Irish female comedian.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭hurler007

most of them ar rubbish but deirdre o kane is my favourite her accent and her laid back ness on stage is brilliant in my view!!!

not a fan of maeve higgins tink her jokes are so s*1t. she was rubbish on naked camera too. i tink she is too over rated.

PS:im from cork so im not a dub tryin to give cork a bad name!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Galvasean wrote: »
    None in the UK? Look up Shappi Khorsandi. I guarantee you'll enjoy her stuff.

Lucy Porter is a lot better I think.
    Shappi is very good, she goes past the boundaries of female comedy and she's young and hot which is always a plus ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Im not a stand up/improv sort of gal/guy but i will make this short and sweet.

Margo carr and her other Half Conal Carr lack creativity and material, You never know when Margo's Punch lines are and Conals bland voice dulls the spirit of the Audience. The Mobile phone in the Guinness Gag is not funny and Margos 5 minute break for ten minutes gag is just wrong but it gets a giggle from 1 or 2 people maybe. I think Comedy Dublin would do great without the two masterminds. Margo has good MC Talent but sounds like a Pirate in doing so, Conal is good for wearing long T-Shirts and digging graves in Glasnevin Cemetary he is that Depressd looking. And as for Margo i think its terrible that you kicked a Member from the group because

(A) He Was very very funny
    (B) He Made the group seem Professional
    (C) He had Origional Material all the time
    (D) He did not Hog the Stage
    (E) If he did Hog the stage it would stop you making terrible jokes
    (F) He was Popular with every other member of the group
    (G) He enjoyed making people laugh

As for other Female members of Comedy Dublin they are very good especially Gabby from Germany her name should be up there with the rest, And i think ts only a matter of time when Comedy Dublin Collapses due to Jealous Behaviour.

And just so you know this is an opinion from someone who is very close to you.

Sour grapes make a scathing attack humorous. This is a thread about female comedians not an attack on Comedy Dublin and I can probably say that there are a lot of people that would disagree with this, then again this is a forum so the soapbox is there for you to play around with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Just heard Eleanor Tiernan on Today FM, she was crap, couldnt be bothered going to see her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,047 ✭✭✭✭Basq

She was absolutely dire.. and regurgitated content from her stage act word for word.

She did seem nervous though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

It's hard for women to be funny professionally when you consider that none of them are even capable of it at recreational level.
    One poll option is missing: "the best Irish female comedian ... is a dead Irish female comedian".

Agreed, but it would have been quicker to just type "Maureen Potter", as well as saving us the guessing game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I quite like Maeve Higgins, although anybody would look funny compared to the two twats she did Naked Camera with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

None of them are very funny, unless you're twisted then they are mildly funny. I saw that carol tobin girl a while ago-wish she'd brought a noose so i could hang myself. Nothing was funny she basically just said she was a big whore....hilarious stuff :rolleyes:

I was in the bankers a while ago for an improv thing, a girl in that was very funny. Called rachel i think? Short dark hair? Sound familiar to anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i saw carol tobin listed on the iveagh gardens program is she actually funny, i thought she was just nepotisitic sindo socialite type.

eta: ah just read comment above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Maeve Higgins was MCing at the Iveagh Gardens yesterday, and while i did enjoy the acts she was introducing, she was by far funnier. Enjoyed her material and delivery. Hope ill get to see her again some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

i saw carol tobin listed on the iveagh gardens program is she actually funny, i thought she was just nepotisitic sindo socialite type.

I have no idea what that means. :o
    Saw her as part of the Aprés Match Presents show. She only had a short set. Did a couple o fun lyrics. Not really enough to judge her fairly IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭ccd

Eleanor Tiernan id woefull. Her material is tripe and her delivery is not much better. It must be obious to any who has seen her that the only reason she has gotten any bookies is down to who her cousin is.

Advertisement