Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Rachel Allen recipes

• 02-11-2007 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I'm really hoping someone can help.
    I'm not usually a huge fan of Rachel Allen but we were watching her show on RTE1 this week when a friend announced she'd absolutely love the chocolate melting moments and the almond cresents. Of course she announced this by the time the measurements and the cooking instructions were but a distant memory.
    I can't find them anywhere on the net so if anyone was more organised than me could they please help me out by posting the recipes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I can't find these recipes anywhere but you can order the DVD which will have all the recipes on it.

I've checked the UKTV Food website. That has most of her recipes but funnily enough not this one...

Maybe they don't post the recipes until the DVD has been on sale for a while?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I think when it's a new series you have to buy the book, once the series is repeated the recipes are usually on the net. There seems to be a new series and book in the run up to Christmas every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭taztastic

Thanks to everyone who posted such speedy responses. I am beginning to wonder if there's a wooden spoon bat-signal type thing that goes off when people post a question.
    Obviously these recipes are well hidden for mercenary Christmas profit motives but hopefully someone (possibly with insomnia or extended time off) will be watching TV re-runs at some point. On point of principle Rachel would have to have several more seriously impressive recipes tucked away for me to justifying more cookery-book/DVD type expense. You know things are tight when its a choice between affording the book or the ingredients. :rolleyes:
    Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 looby-loobar

I know this thread is really old but I recently saw a re-run of Rachel's Favourite Food and have been looking for the recipe for the melting moments. I found this:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3696/chocolate-and-vanilla-melting-moments.jsp

I think its pretty close.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 manse1969

i all i have found the recipe cant wait to make them :D
    if any one needs all the recipes please let me no

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

I have her books - they are FANTASTIC, would highly reccommend them....if you want the recipes, PM me and I can send them to you.

Advertisement