Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I've Heard It All Now!

Options
  • 02-11-2007 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

It goes like this.....

07 car - won't start sometimes so naturally it goes to the nearest main dealer for warranty repairs. Dealer will investigate the fault, but expects me to pay for any time spent working on the car in the event that he finds no fault with it :eek:

Discuss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Hmmm...Consumer Issues / Motor Forum perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I used to work for Company X.

I was in a support over the phone role, and if we had to send an engineer who later found that a fault was caused by "user error" then there was a nominal charge for his time.

It's normal, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

crosstownk wrote: »
    It goes like this.....

07 car - won't start sometimes so naturally it goes to the nearest main dealer for warranty repairs. Dealer will investigate the fault, but expects me to pay for any time spent working on the car in the event that he finds no fault with it :eek:

Discuss.
    Never buy that make or model of car again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

DesF wrote: »
    I used to work for Company X.

I was in a support over the phone role, and if we had to send an engineer who later found that a fault was caused by "user error" then there was a nominal charge for his time.

It's normal, imo.

I accept that Des - but when the non-start issue arises there is also a fault light on the dash panel........

Mods - please move to motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Come on then, what make and model is the car? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Stephen wrote: »
    Come on then, what make and model is the car? :)

I'll with hold that information until I get the car back ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

I had a similar problem with a Volkswagen dealer and my Golf. My dashboard was like a Christmas tree, yet they still claimed that if nothing was wrong with the car, they'd charge me for the time. I threatened to go legal, got the car fixed and have had no problem since

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Its like going to the doctors with a child.

When you bring the car to the mechanic, its well behaved and theres nothing wrong with, when you drive away from the garage it starts to play up again.

It just needs some TLC from its owner.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

kluivert wrote: »

It just needs some TLC from its owner.....:D

Yeah, that's your trouble Sean/Crosstown - you're just too rough :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement