Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good cleaning products

Options
  • 02-11-2007 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just after moving into a brand new apartment. Have a couple of cleaning questions (hope this is the right board :) )
    Firstly the counter-top is marble and am looking for a good cleaning product that doesnt leave any streaks.
    Secondly, have a black rug, with white pattern inside it, spilled some tea on it the other night, looking for a good rug/carpet cleaner

Thirdly, what is good for taking stains off walls :)

Sounds like i'm a right dirty bastid :) but the apartment is beautiful and i just want to keep ot that way

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi! I'm Barry Scott!

But seriously...

For maintaining granite worksurface there's a good bit of detail here:
    http://www.ehow.com/how_18200_clean-granite-countertop.html

For the carpet - try Vanish stain remover.

For the walls - depends on what caused the stain? Body fluids? Paint?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Hi! I'm Barry Scott!

I know you weren't suggesting Cillit Bang or similar, but incase someone thinks that you are I think I should point out that Cillit Bang could ruin a stone counter for good. It causes a bad reaction with the minerals in the stone.

Advertisement