Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attaching Vanity Basin to Wall

Options
  • 02-11-2007 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've just finished tiling my ensuite and am installing the various bits and bobs and am on to the basin. Its a vanity style so it fully supported underneath, but am wondering do I need to attach the basin, cabinet or both to the wall. No brackets or fittings came with the cabinet/basin.

Would something like no more nails (interior/exterior?) suffice since its not really taking any weight or would I get some brackets for this and if so where can I get these?

Cheers,

J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

When kids start leaning on basins they tend to loosen them up and you need to prevent it from moving away from the wall, so I'd use some small L-shaped retainers.

Advertisement