Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP + PHPMyAdmin + MySQL

Options
  • 02-11-2007 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

Apologies for my noobness and apologies if in wrong forum.

On an XPSP2 machine, I set up this trouble ticket thing called OTRS a while ago.

It comes as a bundled installer with Apache2.2, MySQL, CRON for Windows, Perl and otrs itself. After a bit of jiggery pokery, it's all up and running okay, except that Apache keeps on failing and it's doing my head in.

I have the machine set to automatically restart the Apache service if it fails, but it will only restart if I do it manually. Nothing weird is showing up in the PC logs, and I don't much understand Apache logs but the service stopping isn't showing up in them.

So what I'm gonna do is upgrade the OTRS package to the recently released 2.2 version. I did also come across a post in a forum where someone was having the same problem and an upgrade fixed it.. so.

The upgrade basically involves backing up the MySQL database, uninstalling everything, installing all the new versions, and then importing the old database into the new one. But I need to use an interface called PHPMyAdmin (it sounds user friendly) to do stuff with the MySQL database, and PHP needs to be installed for that.

So I downloaded and installed PHP but it threw loads of errors at me.. and it turns out you only need to install the bear minimum amount of extensions for it to work with MyAdmin.. but I don't know which extensions to install and I can't find anything about it.

Just wondering if someone know anything about PHP and what extensions to install so I can use PHPMyAdmin?

Oh, and I'd really prefer to get PHPmyAdmin up and running as opposed to going down the command line route.

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭onechewy

Nevermind! I found a nice desktop GUI so I don't need PHPMyAdmin after all. Although I still would like to get PHP installed properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I have XAMPP.
    This version contains: Apache, MySQL, PHP + PEAR, Perl, mod_php, mod_perl, mod_ssl, OpenSSL, phpMyAdmin, Webalizer, Mercury Mail Transport System for Win32 and NetWare Systems v3.32, Ming, JpGraph, FileZilla FTP Server, mcrypt, eAccelerator, SQLite, and WEB-DAV + mod_auth_mysql.
    It is deadly easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Bit of a long shot but if you're running Skype it opens local ports on port 80 that conflict with Apache, had that problem while running XAMPP.

Advertisement