Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cd changer Vw Passat

Options
  • 02-11-2007 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi,
    Just after buying a VW passat, It is supposedly wired to take a cd changer in the boot..I have looked these up on ebay and they are cheap enough. just wondering has anyone installed these before and where abouts will i find the plug for connecting the cd changer in the boot - I have searched for this already..not to great success..anyone any guides on how to install this-can i bring one in from the states and do it myself or should i bring it to a VW garage? :confused: Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What year is the Passat?

The cable that connects the CD changer to the stereo is not present if there was CD player previously fitted. I ordered a changer from eBay for my Dad's 2003 Passat and it works perfectly. But I did have to buy the cable from a VW dealer. See if the eBay seller can supply the cable - it will work out cheaper than buying the cable from a dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dublincityvic

Thanks, appreciate

Advertisement