Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo-stitching / Blending seams

Options
  • 02-11-2007 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭

Can anyone here give me some good tips for Photoshop CS2 in relation to trying to blend the seams of the sky in photos that have been stitched together.
    I used the canon photostitching software which I have heard isn't as great as others so any alternates that you can reccomend would be great.

An example of a photo I have recently stitched is here;
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/strangelove1981/1586967744/in/set-72157602447466626/

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

A good way is to drop each image into a new document, arrage them as best you can and then use layer masks for each of the top layers to do the blending using a mix of soft and hard brushes. So for your sky in your shot there you would use a soft brush to get a smooth blend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Muineach

I've only used the photomerge on CS3 and I find it's fantastic, point it at the photo's and your done, I think it will adjust the levels etc. to stitch them properly.
    Sry not much use if you dont have a copy of CS4 :rolleyes:

Muineach wrote: »
    Sry not much use if you dont have a copy of CS4 :rolleyes:

You have CS4?! :eek:
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Muineach

doh, typo ;)

Muineach wrote: »
    doh, typo ;)

Fine then keep CS4 to yourself!

The stitcher in CS3 is a vast improvement over CS2 and worth trying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Try autostitch its free and good as well.

Advertisement